Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can we do to get the Car Count way up(ss,nps)?
It going to come up when the Northern races come up but still not what it use to Be! Love to see 50 Super Street Cars and 32 NPS cars Again!

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
No rule changes for a few years would help..
More money would help (since the locals in every state pay out more)
More spectators..
Less whining..
Less classes overall..

Do I have the answers to make it work? NOPE.. But I know the reasons I got out of the class I was in... Others may have other reasons... Mine were trying to keep up with the rule changes each and every year..

For me NPS and Super Modified were a dead zone area. Where besides the NSCA and PRO can you compete with these cars without making changes? I had my car redone 4 times in 4 years to keep up with the rules. Now I'm look at other places to race as well as the NSCA S/S class.. Just my Canadian 2 cents worth... :-D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I agree with the no rule changes. However my class has been fairly stable for awhile now.
I think Tony , Patrick and everyone else are working hard to stabilze the rules and make classes that people can run in without building purpose built cars that are only good for one class at NSCA and not competitive any where else.
The money thing is an issue . When I started racing in 96 the payouts were the same as they are now. Back in the day when we left for an event I knew if the car ran well and the driver didn't go braindead, I could come close to covering the cost of the weekend with my earnings. Now I will be lucky to cover 1/2 . Do I want the NSCA to go broke trying to increase the payouts. HELL NO!
None of us do this to make money. Other than Jimmy :roll: But with fuel prices what they are, alot of peoples jobs the way they are , it's hard to commit the kind of money it takes to field a car for the full season and hope to be competitive.

Gayle I 'm sorry if I went too long with this post :oops:

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with what both of you are saying. But how much would it take$$$ in payouts?

·
First Ten Original Member
1,426 Posts
I started this type of

racing back in 1997 when the NMCA decided that they no longer wanted Modified Street to exsist. Then when I heard that Tony, Jim, & Frank were going to pick up this class I was elated! After all I had just put $30,000.00 into a motor! My shit has never been fast but I always made it to the starting line for the first round and then I went home. LOL! I always supported the NSCA because they were willing to pick up the M/S class, even thru all of the bullshit with Randy E. and the turbos.

Now a days I look at someone like Monty and I gotta think that he is either stupid or braindead! He has spent over a hundred grand on a car that will compete with other hundred grand cars, for what, a couple of grand. Thats chump change! But then I realize that it's the competition in us that makes us want to do this in the first place. Monty's not stupid or braindead, he is driven by that burning desire to become the best! To beat the best at their own game.
So all it takes is cash and lots of it!
And a heart the size of Michigan.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I can go to my local track and spend $40 to try and win $1,000. It's a one day event. There's no hotel and I burn less than one tank of gas round trip.

The place is packed (I've heard up to 7,500 people). I'm an attention whore so big crowds get my gun off.

I can go to NSCA, GA or I can wait one week and go to the Outlaw race at Cecil County. It costs me just under $200 to get my car and one crew guy in the NSCA event. I can win about $1,500 in NSCA Super Street.

If I go to Cecil County, it costs me $200 to get in. I get my $200 back if I qualify for the 32 car field. If I win I get $10,000. Hell, if I runner up I get double what the NSCA pays. I bet the place will be packed too!

Hmmmmmm....this is a really rough decision to make. :roll:

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I don't know how to fix the NSCA's problems. I just know why I race when and where I choose to race. :WGAF

Oh yea, it's not the money. It's the amount of the money. :-D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Money is available for the crowd of racers who can't afford high dollar rides. Ya can race somewhere in Michigan any weekend for $1000 to $15000 for less than a hundred bucks entry and run a car as slow as 13.99.
Hey I'd like to go fast and play with the big dogs too but it's not in the cards. But I do enjoy watching those "fast" folks and reading about their rides and races.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Chuck L. said:
Thanks Jim, Seeya at milan, Happy Easter
Happy Easter back at ya Chuck.

I should be ready for the first Milan Heads up race. I'm just not sure how dry the track will be that early in the season. It's still pretty cold and wet up here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts