Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
YB REPO_MAN
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody into car audio here...? Im making a new box for my truck.....the Old box was an ABC box and I think, I wanna try a TLine box for my next build...Has anybody built a TLine before..???...if so what do you think about this 12" sub for a TLine with about 1800watts to it...
Fs(Hz) - 28
Re(Ohms) - 3.2
Le(mH)- 3.9
Qms- 5.04
Qes- 041
Qts- 0.38
Vas- 26.4 liters
Sd (cm^2)- 430
SPL (1W/1M)- 85dB
Xmax (mm)- 19

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
For T-line help I'd go to Steve Meade Designs and go to his forums and those guys can get you in the right direction on a T-line. Sorry I couldn't help more but I know for sure there are guys on his site that know for sure on setting one of them up.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php

Shannon

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
28 hz low isnt that low

look for a lower hz with a nice size 12-with descent exurcsion--typically a dual voice coil rockford fosgate setup or kicker cvr round speaker will put out good frequencies-and make sure the amp is linear drive-and not just pushing the sub outward but also retracting it as well{good amps are well worth the money}

·
YB REPO_MAN
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a Rockford Fosgate T212D2....I know alot of people dont use a TLine anymore...but I have never tried one and have been kicking around the idea of trying the sub in a TLine...I have Powefull Enclosure that I built for it and was thinking of trying the TLine...just to see how it sounds.....Is the TLine any better than the ABC box..?

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
well you got the rockford-dam nice speaker{if you prefer volume over sound quality}-but still nice

what amp you pairing it with?

·
YB REPO_MAN
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
28 hz low isnt that low

look for a lower hz with a nice size 12-with descent exurcsion--typically a dual voice coil rockford fosgate setup or kicker cvr round speaker will put out good frequencies-and make sure the amp is linear drive-and not just pushing the sub outward but also retracting it as well{good amps are well worth the money}
it is a dual 2ohm voice coil with around 3" of excursion

·
YB REPO_MAN
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For T-line help I'd go to Steve Meade Designs and go to his forums and those guys can get you in the right direction on a T-line. Sorry I couldn't help more but I know for sure there are guys on his site that know for sure on setting one of them up.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php

Shannon
yeah, i went over to Steve's forum and asked a few days ago and havent gotten a response yet....they have a sticky thread with about 35 pages just on TLine boxes, but not to many people wanna help out yet...lol

·
having fun
31,274 Posts
:)

that things gonna hit fucken hard!!

have fun with it-just give that amp plenty of cooling room-its gonna run hot at 1 ohm

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
yeah, i went over to Steve's forum and asked a few days ago and havent gotten a response yet....they have a sticky thread with about 35 pages just on TLine boxes, but not to many people wanna help out yet...lol
Hum? I knew about the T-line thread but I can't believe no one on there can help. Let me see if I can light a fire for you.

Shannon

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
thanx, I appreciate it...
I even sent Forevrbumpn an email ( his pm box is full ) asking about the box dimensions and about the specs on the sub
Whats your ID on the page?

Shannon

·
YB REPO_MAN
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sometimes they are slow to respond there.I have a 1501 and a 2 hx2 12's I was gonna use and got only a few answers.Still havent used them they just sit in a box antiqueing.

I guess you have used the box wizard on RF site?
I loved my HX2....I didnt have the gain set right and I think the amp was clipping, and toasted it....got a new O-Scope on the way though, not gunna have that problem anymore...

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Message added and Fire lit.

Shannon

1 - 20 of 46 Posts