Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
742 Posts
I didn't leave any track out.
Here's where we don't see eye to eye.
I think you should give every track an equal shake if you want the M/T series to grow.
you think because I give everyone an equal shake, and not showing Cecil preferential treatment "I'm trying to fuck them".
And trust me, I understand the not biting the hand that feeds you part.

Hypothetical;
When you sold this place.
Offer 1 from was 2.1 million
Offer 2 from was 3.1 million
offer 3 was 89 dollars, but its cool cause they we're here since day 1.

But since then Jerry has jumped on here, explained that Cecil is gettere there 7 races. Now it looks like there needs to be 7 filled in.
Outsider looking in, 14 races seems like a lot?
Brandon, the problem is that there are not enough cars to split the class... yet.

Let's say we told Cecil, sorry we are going to schedule a race on top of theirs, or the week later. Some cars are still going to Cecil, and some will go the the other venue. Who suffers from that? EVERYONE, because the fans don't get all the cars in the class competing, the promoter isn't happy because the car count sucks, they have to guarantee the purse, or we won't race, so they decide not to do anymore races, the sponsors don't want to invest in the class, cause the car count sucked, and we are all left wondering what happened.

I have a sponsor willing to commit a bunch of money for the Outlaw 10.5 class, they need a return on investment. My intention is to give them the best platform to have exposure for their business/products. This is going to be a multi year deal, and will help the class immensely.

I think about this night and day. If the answers were easy we'd be doing it already.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
1) The best outlaw race I've ever been to was, and still is E-town shakedown and that was at a national location(just like MG)
2) What I heard was MG track prep was legit, they liked the idea of having a 10.5 race up there and it's supposed to be figured out. Not sure how true it is, but I know a couple guys went up there to test A lot more this season
Like I said if it's a part of another big event ok but not by there self or a small event. For OUTLAW type races I don't like it at big facilities.

·
Administrator
136,276 Posts
I heard a rumor that they wanted 4 races, all 10K each.
Also heard that Maple grove wanted a race or 2, at 10K also.

Finally, heard the track prep at those 2 tracks are head and shoulders above the other track(s) in our area..... take it for what that's worth.

I said on another thread the M/T series should be 8 races to the highest bidders.
4 - 10K @ capitol
2- 10K @ Maple grove
Yellowbullet nationals
Shakedown

Maybe go 10 races to get MIR or ???
I think you should give every track an equal shake if you want the M/T series to grow.
you think because I give everyone an equal shake, and not showing Cecil preferential treatment "I'm trying to fuck them".
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Administrator
136,276 Posts

Hypothetical;
When you sold this place.
Offer 1 from was 2.1 million
Offer 2 from was 3.1 million
offer 3 was 89 dollars, but its cool cause they we're here since day 1.

But since then Jerry has jumped on here, explained that Cecil is gettere there 7 races. Now it looks like there needs to be 7 filled in.
Outsider looking in, 14 races seems like a lot?
For the record.. I did not sell to the highest bidder.. I sold to the one that made me feel the most comfortable about the direction of the content of the site.. Although after 3 years to they veer off course.. lol

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Never said that PDRA is the only spot for growth, but media attention (fans, magazine coverage, Live Feed etc.) is what sponsors want, and the PDRA provides that venue.

The intention is not to make our 20 regulars travel the country, it is to allow the class to dance on a stage that encourages people that are building cars to dance with the people that want to travel.

Sponsors bring Money, money brings racers, and racers bring fans, which brings more sponsors.
Never said that it was the only spot for growth but unless the class can get a full field this weekend the whole PDRA thing might need to be re thought as being the area for the most potential growth.

·
Administrator
136,276 Posts
Monty I've tried 27 times to type something out, be semi nice about it and just cant do it lol.
yes I changed my tune about the bidding out idea after jerry responded.
No say sorry!!! :-D:-D:-D

·
Registered
117 Posts
after everyone stops bickering is there a chance one of you can post some run sheets from this weekend, im sure someone has them, thanks

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,875 Posts
Help me out but what is the deal with wanting to go to maple grove? Is it going to be part of a big race like the shakedown. When you go to big tracks like that you loose the homey feeling of a smaller venue. Like capitol or Cecil. I think some need to come to the realization that this class at least for the foreseeable future isn't going to be this big traveling series. I'll flat out say that I don't think it's right to say the PDRA is where the growth is going to be concentrated at. Capitol should be considered just as much as the PDRA. Capitol has been trying pretty much since the Bradshaw took over to get something going there. They were once part of the series. You also need a front man at these mt series races. Somebody tracks can go to if they have questions. Apparel would also help get the word out about the series.
I'd love to see a 10.5 race at Maple Grove. It could be paired up with a NEOPMA race, which always has full fields. Rumble at the Grove with 10.5. I love the little outlaw tracks but it's nice going to a legit national event track with great grandstands every once in a while.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
For the record.. I did not sell to the highest bidder.. I sold to the one that made me feel the most comfortable about the direction of the content of the site.. Although after 3 years to they veer off course.. lol
This is what generally happens. When you get sold a promise...

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I'd love to see a 10.5 race at Maple Grove. It could be paired up with a NEOPMA race, which always has full fields. Rumble at the Grove with 10.5. I love the little outlaw tracks but it's nice going to a legit national event track with great grandstands every once in a while.
Capitol has great grandstands. Other tracks should get races before maple grove.

·
aka Nova Joe
2,888 Posts
I agree. I think both MG and Capitol should get a crack at getting some races. Capitol's track prep is unreal

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The entire WORLD knows the dates for the Street Car Shootout so i am unsure as to what the issue is with schedule? Make plans around those dates. Everyone does not travel, however the majority (if they know) will schedule races so that they are prepared. I like different venues to race, makes it more fun....

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
to make this a true "National Series" we need at least 1 Canadian Race that is points related...don't forget about the Canucks...:D
:):):):)National = America
International = Canada
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The purse needed to get the northeast guys to Canada would have to be huge. I mean they didn't have to cross any boarders and a lot didn't go to shakedown.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It's an East Coast Series, which is fine, but it's not National. Shit the closest Outlaw 10.5 race I attend is an 11 hour drive each way and I do it 5 - 7 times a year. I really feel sorry for you guys having to travel a whole hour to the track....

61 - 80 of 88 Posts