Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
You wanted critique, so here goes. :)

In the first beginning of the group of photos, the shutter speed is a tick too slow at 1/160th. I would have probably turned it up to 1/250th to try and freeze the motion a little bit better. You can tell that the light was already heading south at that point. You could also use the flash at 1/250th at that point.

Towards the end of the day, it was just getting too dark for your flash to work effectively. The little onboard ones just don't cut it once the sun's gone.

The cloudiness did not help your cause one bit. But they're a hell of a lot better than the ones with the old camera in the same type of conditions. The camera will perform much better during the daytime.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You wanted critique, so here goes. :)

In the first beginning of the group of photos, the shutter speed is a tick too slow at 1/160th. I would have probably turned it up to 1/250th to try and freeze the motion a little bit better. You can tell that the light was already heading south at that point. You could also use the flash at 1/250th at that point.

Towards the end of the day, it was just getting too dark for your flash to work effectively. The little onboard ones just don't cut it once the sun's gone.

The cloudiness did not help your cause one bit. But they're a hell of a lot better than the ones with the old camera in the same type of conditions. The camera will perform much better during the daytime.
HA HA...... lol. Thank you. Eventually I get the external flash and a better lens. All and all... not to bad.

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
HA HA...... lol. Thank you. Eventually I get the external flash and a better lens. All and all... not to bad.
Not at all. Practice practice practice. You can't break the camera by pushing the button! As you get more practice you will start to understand some of the things I have suggested, how they affect each other, and what that does to your photography.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts