Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Son you need serious help!! Take all the limits away in your class and you would still have a Chevy.. Notice they have to handicap the Chevy's to have the Fords keep up? There has to be a reason for it... :-D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Monty, if I were a betting man, I would say that Chris's engine is a Chevy in Ford clothes. I dont know his specs but again if I were a betting man I would say the following.

.990 wrist pin (Chevy)
Chevy Stroke Crank
Chevy Length Rods
Chevy Bore and Piston size
Dont know which head, but I bet it's valve train is based off a Chevy design

How far am I off Chris.

By the way, nice picture

·
Super Moderator
35,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phil,

Better go get yourself some lottery tickets!!!! :-D

Take away rules and it's all the same stuff. This Ford vs. Chevy stuff may have been valid 20 years ago, but today they all have equal stuff. The wrapper just looks different. I can get equal heads from Mopar, Chevy or Ford. Blocks, cranks, manifolds, etc etc....

That's my point with the organization I race with.

Just like the Glidden thing here. Bill Glidden could take a chevy engine and make it do just what his Ford engine is doing.... But he's a Ford guy. Anyone recall Jamie Geltings Grand Am with a small block Chevy by Glidden? I recall the thing was faster than anyone and it didn't have the years of development like other folks in Super Street had.... seems he only raced it 1 year with a nitrous engine... hardly a long term effort. Could you imagine how fast he would be today a couple years later???

A

·
0 Posts
RIGHT CHRIS :-D , DOES ANYONE BESIDES BILL GLIDDEN REMEMBER WHEN MOTORCRAFT AND BOB GLIDDEN PART WAYS HE (BOB) BUILT A PLYMOUTH ARROW WITH A SMALL BLOCK MOPAR THE NEXT YEAR AND STILL WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

SO EVEN THOUGH I AM BUILDING A BBC (PARTS ARE CHEAPER) THE PROOF IS IN THE HISTORY BOOKS THAT IT CAN BE DONE WITH SOMETHING BESIDES A CHEVROLET. YES MONTY IS CORRECT ABOUT THE POWER OF THE CHEVROLET, BUT THATS BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN MORE MONEY OVER THE YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT AND PR TI PROMOTE THE GM PRODUCT.

NOW HAVING SAID THAT, I DO THINK MONTY'S CAMARO WILL RUN THE NUMBER'S ONCE IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE.

BG, COME PLAY IN THE PRO STREET SAND BOX, FORGET ABOUT WHAT ANYONE MAY SAY, WE NEED TO SEE A NEW NAME AT THE TOP.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bob Glidden World Champion with a 1979 Plymouth Arrow

i FORGOT TO SIGN IN SORRY

Anonymous said:
RIGHT CHRIS :-D , DOES ANYONE BESIDES BILL GLIDDEN REMEMBER 25 YEARS AGO WHEN MOTORCRAFT AND BOB GLIDDEN PART WAYS HE (BOB) BUILT A 1979 PLYMOUTH ARROW WITH A SMALL BLOCK MOPAR THE NEXT YEAR AND STILL WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. THEN WENT BACK TO FORD JUST BECAUSE HE WAS A FORD MAN.

SO EVEN THOUGH I AM BUILDING A BBC (PARTS ARE CHEAPER) THE PROOF IS IN THE HISTORY BOOKS THAT IT CAN BE DONE WITH SOMETHING BESIDES A CHEVROLET. YES MONTY IS CORRECT ABOUT THE POWER OF THE CHEVROLET, BUT THATS BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN MORE MONEY OVER THE YEARS IN DEVELOPMENT AND PR TI PROMOTE THE GM PRODUCT.

NOW HAVING SAID THAT, I DO THINK MONTY'S CAMARO WILL RUN THE NUMBER'S ONCE IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE.

BG, COME PLAY IN THE PRO STREET SAND BOX, FORGET ABOUT WHAT ANYONE MAY SAY, WE NEED TO SEE A NEW NAME AT THE TOP.

·
Super Moderator
35,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right they do Monty!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a crying shame I have to put on in the 'maro..... YEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Chris, for curiosity sake, how many $/HP does it cost to build a Furd & Cheby? @ that level are they about the same or does the Furd still cost more to build? with everything being custom built parts, I would imagine that the cost is about the same.

All I remember from building the SBF for my roadster was that everything seemed to be 30% more than the Cheby stuff.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
35,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Parts is parts Bob. It's all the same cost. Again, I have nothing Ford specific in the engine other than heads, block, and intake. Crank is a crank, Rods are rods, pistons are pistons, cam is a cam pushrods is pushrods and so forth.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts