Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SBC with;

[1] Callies crank with a BBC dual keywayed crank snout.
[2] Procharger crank pulley (4 bolt pattern).
[3] Procharger crank hub blower support
[4] Crank trigger pickup

I am doing something a lot like Paul Ferrucci’s setup (but I can’t find his number at the moment). I sent my pulley and blower support mandrel to ATI to have a balancer with magnetic pickups made… some 6 weeks later, they seem to be confused as to how to get this combination to work together and I still have no dampener.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it? I want to get this thing together ASAP.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I have a SBC with;

[4] Crank trigger pickup
#1 - No problem
#2 - 4 bolt pattern? SBF?
#3 - same 4 bolt as the pulley?
#4 - no problem

Generally the Procharger pulleys are double drilled for 3(or6) bolt GM patterns as well as the 4 bolt Ford pattern. The mandrels are either Ford or GM. Shouldn't be problem to whip a damper up for you. Give me a call at the shop tomorrow with the details and I'm sure we can get you fixed up.

Chris
Innovators West

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#1 - No problem
#2 - 4 bolt pattern? SBF?
#3 - same 4 bolt as the pulley?
#4 - no problem

Generally the Procharger pulleys are double drilled for 3(or6) bolt GM patterns as well as the 4 bolt Ford pattern. The mandrels are either Ford or GM. Shouldn't be problem to whip a damper up for you. Give me a call at the shop tomorrow with the details and I'm sure we can get you fixed up.

Chris
Innovators West
I wish I had seen this earlier...

I essentially got Procharger and ATI on the phone at the same time and said "WTF". They then came to the conclusion that Procharger sent me Ford stuff. Procharger is now sending the correct stuff directly to ATI and ATI will send me my stuff and a balancer.

It shouldn't have taken more than a month for ATI to figure this out seeing as you caught it right away in your reply.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have a SBC with;

[4] Crank trigger pickup

I am doing something a lot like Paul Ferrucci’s setup (but I can’t find his number at the moment). I sent my pulley and blower support mandrel to ATI to have a balancer with magnetic pickups made… some 6 weeks later, they seem to be confused as to how to get this combination to work together and I still have no dampener.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it? I want to get this thing together ASAP.
u can call me if i can help
860-866-8360

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
Might have them drill the balancer for 6 bolts. I have heard of people losing crank pullies with only 3 bolts.
X2 saw it happen on a car i use to help out on.. its not good when you see the crank pully rollin down the return road in front of you :rolleyes::rolleyes:..

with 6 bolts it never had a issue after that.. we make sure to check those bolts ever round and retorque.. a crank pully coming off at 7000+ rpm can do some serious damage

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
do youself a favor and buy the Innovators West!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts