Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
16,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks in advance! I put 4 cyl springs with a 1/4 of a coil cut out on the front of my 91 LX. I tried to align it myself but could not get it right so I took it to a shop. The best they could do is -2.5 left and -1.2 right.

I have new Steeda/QA1 cc plates and monroe struts.

Is this because the springs made it too low? What can I do to make this right? Would a coil over setup help this? Any input is appreciated. Here is a pic of the stance, it doesn't look crazy low to me?

·
16,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock a arms and k-member, new rack and tie rods, steeda cc plates, 4 cyl springs w/ 1/4 coil cut from 86, bottom isolators removed and no sway bar. I loosened the CC plates up all the way and moved the caster up and then could pull the camber out until the bottom of the bearing retainer hit the big round hole on the tower, it allowed me to get about an extra 1/2" of pos. camber. From the eye it looks good? I am going to make a gauge like MFE on the corral shows and see what it is at now. Thanks Brent!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Stock a arms and k-member, new rack and tie rods, steeda cc plates, 4 cyl springs w/ 1/4 coil cut from 86, bottom isolators removed and no sway bar. I loosened the CC plates up all the way and moved the caster up and then could pull the camber out until the bottom of the bearing retainer hit the big round hole on the tower, it allowed me to get about an extra 1/2" of pos. camber. From the eye it looks good? I am going to make a gauge like MFE on the corral shows and see what it is at now. Thanks Brent!
as long as you can get both sides the same , I wouldnt worry too much about getting them to 0*. I know that not every car is the same , but we purposely put around 2* neg camber (static) in our car in order to keep better geometry througout the suspension travel (bumpsteer , ect...)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts