Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I am looking to buy a new camera. I have been looking at the Cannon Digital Rebel packages. Do any of you have any tips or comments on the Rebel line? there are quite a few different one to choose from as well. This will be the first "real" camera for me. I do realize that the Rebel is the entry level real camera. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
I have the t1i, if you've seen my photos from adrl world finals that's the picture quality they have. It's my first SLR but it's a bad ass caera!

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Mike you might get some good answers in here but might pick up some more in the Photography section.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My best advise would be to buy Nikon instead, you won't regreat it.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 55-250mm lens, and a 18-55mm and I just order some lens filters to add cool effects to the photo's this year.
Ok, thanks for the information. I can't wait to get mine. I really enjoy taking pictures... I guess I have a self proclaimed knack for it.
Mike

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey Mike, what part of St. Louis are you from? And what do you intend on doing with your camera? Much more important than your camera body are the lenses that you choose.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Mike, what part of St. Louis are you from? And what do you intend on doing with your camera? Much more important than your camera body are the lenses that you choose.
Although I do understand that the lenses are the important part, I am sure the base unit must also have the features that you desire as well......????
Mike

·
Registered
226 Posts
Really what you need to look at are Autofocus (if that is what you will prefer), how it performs with higher ISO's, the base ISO (100vs200), and the cost of the lenses that you will want/need.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really what you need to look at are Autofocus (if that is what you will prefer), how it performs with higher ISO's, the base ISO (100vs200), and the cost of the lenses that you will want/need.
I am all about the Autofocus feature. Can you Cliff Note me about the rest of your statement.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
226 Posts
ISO is basically equivalent to the "speed" of film. A higher ISO means you can use a higher shutter speed to "stop" the image. Some cameras have a base ISO of 100, this means that they will usually have a lower shutter speed, while some have a base ISO of 200 which means that they usually use a higher shutter speed with no negative side effect. Before you purchase a camera, learn which lenses you want and study them. It is very easy to spend a lot of money in photography and still not end up with exactly what you want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts