Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of you doing to evacuate the crank case pressure on a Blow Thru setup? This is a street car with up to 15PSI of boost. I have 2 stock style breathers in 1 in each valve cover, the valve covers still have the baffles in place. This is just not getting the job done.

·
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
5,150 Posts
Use 2 - 12 lines coming off the valve covers and run them into puke tanks. I would not use a vacuum pump on a supercharged or turbo engine . If by some chance you burn a hole in your piston you will pressurize your crankcase and the vacuum pump will suck up the oil and overflow the breather tank and dump the oil all under your tires.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not getting the job done in what way?? You sure the rings aren't shot?
I have a pretty good leak from the front seal, new seal, new balancer, new cover. Did not leak until I installed the charger. The rings are new and were broke-in with brad-pen break in oil. Engine prob. has 150 miles on them before the charger was installed.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Every engine has some blow buy good rings or not, the more the boost the better chance of higher crankcase pressures, I would put an evac pump on it and free up some ponys along with decressing the chances of blowing seals, I got mine from GZ motor sports.

2,155 Posts
Every engine has some blow buy good rings or not, the more the boost the better chance of higher crankcase pressures, I would put an evac pump on it and free up some ponys along with decressing the chances of blowing seals, I got mine from GZ motor sports.
Is a vacuum pump a good idea for the street, I have the same prob. and asked a few companies and they did not recomend a vacuum pump for the street. Just asking.

·
Registered
191 Posts
im in the same boat! i have a SBF, F1R, about 1200 hp and im just using the breathers on the valve covers. One on each.
Anybody have pics of there setups with puke tanks?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts