Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been quite some time since I have posted.My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer Sunday.she has it in her lungs,lymph nodes,liver and bones.an MRI yet also confirmed numerous tumors in her spine.She had my Dad sign a DNR last night as well as made the decision for no chemo or radiation.she just wants to be kept as comfortable as possible so she can spend her remaining time with her Family. We have an appointment at 12:30 today with hospice.
Please keep her and us in your prayers.this is so very tough for all of us.
I cannot imagine not having my mom around.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sorry to hear man, that's horrible. And cancer does suck! It takes way too many people way too early. At least she won't be dealing with chemo/radiation, that shit is horrible and it seems (I'm being negative I know) they usually lose the battle anyhow.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
4 Time cancer survivor here, I couldn't agree more. Be strong, it's not going to be pretty. Your family is in our prayers. Bob

·
AMP Racing member
3,492 Posts
Man, that sucks... Lost my FIL a couple years ago to cancer. My buddy lost his mom last year.

My thoughts are with you and your family during this time.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Sorry to hear this Mike! Prayers sent!

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
Sucks to hear this Mike :(

·
Registered
636 Posts
So sorry to hear, I lost both my parents that way.
The only advise I would give you would be to make sure she knows that you love her. I am sure you already know this,but a friend of mine said he wish he would have said this to his Mom. He regrets it everyday.
I will keep a good thought for you and your family.

·
Registered
589 Posts
It does suck

Tough thing to deal with, went through it also with my Mom. Things work themselves out in time..

Hang in there.

·
Hemi's ROCK!!!
32,173 Posts
Sorry to hear... I lost my mom to ovarian cancer a few years ago. When the diagnosis was made, she was gone in 3-1/2 weeks..... I hate cancer....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Sorry to hear that. . Spend the most time with her as you can . I lost my sister at 39 to breast cancer 2 years ago the people at the hospice were angels and helped her be comfortable when she passed

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,910 Posts
Sorry to hear that. . Spend the most time with her as you can . I lost my sister at 39 to breast cancer 2 years ago the people at the hospice were angels and helped her be comfortable when she passed
I don't know how they do it, but we are lucky that there are people in this world that can do this type of work.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hang tight,it's a rough thing to go threw,My mom had liver cancer and my dad had cancer also as well as 7 of each of there brother and sisters.As Mike B. said than god for the people out there that try to make it comfortable as possible for the ones involved.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts