Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinkin about changing things up a little, want to get rid of my living quarters trailer and buy a Renegade type moho and a stacker, some of the races I go to are not overnite and may want to pull the stacker with my dually, anybody done it?

·
Thread Killer
1,945 Posts
Thinkin about changing things up a little, want to get rid of my living quarters trailer and buy a Renegade type moho and a stacker, some of the races I go to are not overnite and may want to pull the stacker with my dually, anybody done it?
I'd like to know this also....esp. with a short stacker 20-24'

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I pulled a 34ft Trendsetter stacker with one car and was ok. That was only a 35 or 40 minute ride. But the truck seemed to do just fine.

·
Registered
18,386 Posts

We have a 30' renegade stacker and can pull it with a f-350 1 car.
The height of the trailer over the truck is the real problem. I think it would be alot better with a wing of some sort over the top of the truck. The power isnt a problem just the height of the trailer catching the wind.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
stevie does it,

·
Registered
136 Posts
No not safely. I had a 30' Cargomate stacker and it would crush my Dodge 3500 dually. The trailer was 9500+-lbs empty, add a car, gear, spare, generator, fuel and it is close to 15,000 lbs. Maybe a small fifth wheel stacker if they make one but not a tag even with a 15,000lb weight distribution hitch. I did pull it empty a few times and once 40 miles with one car way back and all gear out of cabinets and attic. Brakes, tires, suspension not set up for that weight and air resistance.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hope your not going against the wind while towing .A Roof deflector would help. i have had a Cube van with extra high box and on windy days you really felt it.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I did it once, and every 18 wheeler just about blew me off the road.
If you got no wind, and no hills, and no 18 wheelers passing you, you might get by, but you aint gonna like it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I pull a 32' tag 14,000gvr trailer w/ac that's also an extra foot taller than normal..with my Duramax crewcab dually..
my total (truck and trailer) weight is just under 20k..
pulls like a dream...

how tall is a stacker..?
I would think that a stacker on a dually with a 5th wheel set-up would tow fine..
although I think like the others..that a camper-shell/wing would definitely help..

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ive pulled 14K with no problem on a bumper pull in my 3/4 ton qc sb 4x4 05 cummins. thing did fine, bone stock suspension just 12ply tires. trailer had brakes on both axles.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Can you, Yeah I guess so, but i recently hooked mine up and it looked like an ant and a mountain. Then I got to thinking about it, If you do the math, I dont think its a real good idea. Stopping it and getting around a tractor trailer or wind gust could cause some major issues. Keep in mind what you have invested in the trailer, golf cart, let alone the car and spare equipment. Just my .02.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
My dually pulled a 42 ft. Pace Big Foot with 18 inches of extra height.
We pulled a 48' Pace Bigfoot w/18"over height with a single wheel f-350 , and a 52' vintage w/12" over height (30,750 lbs total weight) with a f-350 dually(twice in 1 month from west of Nashville,Tennessee to Bradenton,Florida).....and I also know of a guy here locally that pulled an 80' doublewide house trailer a short distance with a Z-71 Chevy pickup. All 3 of these stories are 100% true and also 100% really bad ideas.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts