Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some bottles filled and they have been using a pump to fill them. well they just dont get enough in them. only total weight of 23 to low 24 lbs. so i set them on ice for an hour and half and took them to a different shop and they filled them and did not have to use the pump. well now they are at 26 to 26 12.0 oz. is this to much or will it be ok? :smt102

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
pointless. i only fill to 22-23lbs. need to have somewhere in the bottle for the gas to expand to. if you over fill the bottle will have all kinds of pressure til you crack the line or purge 1 time then boom the pressure drops out the bottom.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
You'll be fine,bottle pressure is what you want to be concerned with.

·
T/S 368E
33,878 Posts

I've put ~12 lbs in a 10 lb bottle when I 1st started, and was putting multi hits on a bottle.
Don't remember ever having an issue with pressure, high or low. Now, I stay with 10 lbs, 1 hit per bottle, so it's no biggie.

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts
I used to fill mine to about 24lb. If I went more than that the pressure would skyrocket when I pre heated them. If I left them about a pound low they could heat forever without the pressure getting too high.

I wouldn't worry about them being a little over full now. Just watch the pressure and purge them down if needed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
fill them to 24 lbs max. any more you put into it you will have to purge out to get your pressure to stabilize. your basically wasting nitrous.

·
Super Moderator
12,194 Posts
I strongly recommend that you NOT over fill your bottles !!!! :rolleyes:

These bottles are made to only hold "X" amount of nitrous. When you over fill the bottle, you invade the space above the liquid needed for expansion. Then as many have seen you get false spikes way up in pressure, and then they fall fast as well.

I always try and tell my guys, your better off with a pound under, then a pound over..... SJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts