Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a F3 R-136 Procharger close by to my house and it is a reverse rotation unit.
Could I use one of these with success?
Can anyone explain reverse rotation with a procharger?

·
Registered
142 Posts
it depends what direction you are rotating the drive, the compressor impeller needs to rotate in the correct direction to work

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,332 Posts
Reverse rotation mounts like this at the front

Are they sucessuful....... well i dunno, watch this video.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Reverse rotation are belt driven

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Reverse rotation is for a reverse belt drive. Generally mounted in the centre and up high on the engine.

Gear drive uses a standard rotation blower.

Chris

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reverse rotation is for a reverse belt drive. Generally mounted in the centre and up high on the engine.

Gear drive uses a standard rotation blower.

Chris

So a meziere electric front Mount water pump won't work with this model procharger?

·
Registered
708 Posts
So a meziere electric front Mount water pump won't work with this model procharger?
Use a remote mount water pump there's many ways to skin a cat look at the thread above with with pics of Prochargerd engines and get some ideas

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Use a remote mount water pump there's many ways to skin a cat look at the thread above with with pics of Prochargerd engines and get some ideas

I'm just trying to not have to start from scratch again and have to buy more parts then what I have now if I can help it.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I'm just trying to not have to start from scratch again and have to buy more parts then what I have now if I can help it.
You're in for a ride. You might be able to reuse block, crank, heads, and maybe the rods depending upon what you got. Going f3 you'll probably find the limit of that 727 if it still has one. I would assume you're going EFI as well.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're in for a ride. You might be able to reuse block, crank, heads, and maybe the rods depending upon what you got. Going f3 you'll probably find the limit of that 727 if it still has one. I would assume you're going EFI as well.

No 727 in this build. I have a serious Rossler T400 and a new MW Aluminum driveshaft 4". Converter won't be correct now. I'll deal with that afterwards after Goodwin dynoes it.
New pistons, Rings, cam is a given. Block is indy aluminum, Callies crank and GRP Rods should be fine. I do have a set of new B1 Heads CNC'd possibly might use or keep the indy 572-13 cnc'd. Indy flow [email protected] now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts