Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
136,694 Posts
It is truly sad that this man was able to kill at will to defend our country per the governments request.

Yet cannot defend his gift of life without facing criminal charges.

If everything described in that article is accurate, this should be a no brainer! Yet our system seems to protect the criminal rather than the average law abiding citizen!!

The law seems to be asking that certain rules be followed when being jumped by 3 men... That would be 3 men against 1 man with a pocket knife!! This guy should be honored with a medal!! not criminal charges. Pretty phuckin pathetic!!

·
Registered
20,007 Posts
its a fact anymore, you cant use force to stop a crime-even the police get in trouble about how they handle a piece of crap

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Beaten with a metal rod and defended himself.
WTF was he thinking.
Just take the beating, hand over your wallet and lay there and bleed.
Its the way Philly wants it.
Wanna live in Philly, got to play by Philly rules.
Dumbass.

·
Registered
682 Posts
See this is the problem when the population gets too big. Laws are bent to suit the politicians need. If we had proactive laws and not reactive laws, we would not be reading so much shit like this.

·
Registered
876 Posts
In the City of Brotherly love, beating someone with a metal pipe is considered loving but defending oneself from that "love" is criminal.

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Wonder if Manning looked like Obama's uncle.... This is fucked up, the laws these days won't allow you to protect yourself, unless you want to do 10+years in prison.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,800 Posts
If it was an off duty LEO that was attacked and he killed the guy would it be a murder trial? Doubt it.

He was attacked and survived by defending his person. If the attacker dies then that's a risk he took by comitting the crime.

Phuck the system. It does nothing to protect the innocent.

·
Registered
56,906 Posts
It is truly sad that this man was able to kill at will to defend our country per the governments request.

Yet cannot defend his gift of life without facing criminal charges.

If everything described in that article is accurate, this should be a no brainer! Yet our system seems to protect the criminal rather than the average law abiding citizen!!

The law seems to be asking that certain rules be followed when being jumped by 3 men... That would be 3 men against 1 man with a pocket knife!! This guy should be honored with a medal!! not criminal charges. Pretty phuckin pathetic!!
Couldn't have said it any better!!!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
This is why I live in Texas....

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
"Assistant D.A. Carolyn Naylor argued this week that Lowe had been the aggressor."

One can only hope a scumbag does the same to her.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Philly will continue to be the left armpit of the country as long as they keep running it the way they are. I drove through that dump once and never will again.

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
Trial and conviction here on YB...

I ignored the first article because there is a bunch of irrelevant shit (retired marine, strokes, peaceful dinner, yadda yadda yadda) in it that get's in the way of the facts.

Reading the second article it seemed to me like a clear cut case of self defense but it had me asking... if it were this simple, why am I reading this article where a man was convicted by his peers?

I continued to read the article with questions like...

The article says the attackers were over 50 as well... kind of out of the traditional robbery or jumping for fun age...
What did they want?
Was this metal rod actually a cheap tin metal walking cane?

Then this part...

Naylor seized on inconsistencies between the testimonies of Lowe and the students, including where the stabbing took place. She argued that before the students came upon the struggle, Lowe stabbed Manning from behind before both men ended up on the ground.

She noted that two stab wounds were in Manning’s back. She also said Lowe showed intent to kill with malice because after Manning fell mortally wounded, Lowe taunted him and even tried to stab him some more.
The story still seems sad if the man was randomly attacked, killed to defend his life and is now going to jail for it BUT there are way too many unanswered questions and missing facts from an article that are more focused on making a sad story and another that doesn't have many details of the case.

·
Administrator
136,694 Posts

I ignored the first article because there is a bunch of irrelevant shit (retired marine, strokes, peaceful dinner, yadda yadda yadda) in it that get's in the way of the facts.

Reading the second article it seemed to me like a clear cut case of self defense but it had me asking... if it were this simple, why am I reading this article where a man was convicted by his peers?

The article says the attackers were over 50 as well... kind of out of the traditional robbery or jumping for fun age...
What did they want?

Then this part...

The story still seems sad if the man was randomly attacked, killed to defend his life and is now going to jail for it BUT there are way too many unanswered questions and missing facts from an article that are more focused on making a sad story and another that doesn't have many details of the case.
This is from the first article..

"Adrenaline took over, and Lowe fought back. He pulled a knife he carried for protection and plunged it into Manning, a career criminal who had been arrested nearly 40 times."

If this is true, I doubt the guy friends were peace makers!!

·
Stop criminal amnesty
2,492 Posts

What did they want?

Then this part...

Stretton noted that Lowe stayed at the scene and cooperated with police, believing himself to be the victim.

Stretton said case law barred him from introducing Manning’s 18 criminal convictions at trial because Lowe wasn’t aware of them and most of them were too old, the most recent from 2002. According to court records, Manning was awaiting trial for allegedly knocking out a woman’s teeth while robbing her two years ago Thursday.

Assistant D.A. Carolyn Naylor argued this week that Lowe had been the aggresso

·
Stop criminal amnesty
2,492 Posts
In my area there are prosecuting a woman for leaving her baby abandoned in the cold to freeze to death. In her cars trunk were found the remains of two more dead children from some time ago. The Judge barred the jury from hearing that information because HE THOUGHT IT TO BE PREJUDCIAL. Liberal fucks have infested the legal system.

ya think!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I don't carry a knife to protect myself. I legally carry a .45...and all three of those phucks wouldda got 2 to the chest.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts