Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the grid with the arc module and know nothing about it yet and was curious if I try to use the traction control would I be making big problems for myself?

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Hey we all make problems for ourselves but don't let that slow you down. ;) The big advantage the Grid with ARC module has is when you exceed the plotted curve you can program either slew rate or driveshaft RPM and instead of putting it on the chip, it can pull timing until it gets it under control. Most people I've worked with use the Driveshaft RPM function with timing. You basically program two curves, a high and low, then tell the Grid how much timing to pull if you exceed the lower curve and how much on the higher curve. The Grid will apply timing retard within those two parameters, so it's much more nitrous friendly than using the RPM limiter to control it. There's more to it but that's a short version of how it's typically used. It works well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey we all make problems for ourselves but don't let that slow you down. ;) The big advantage the Grid with ARC module has is when you exceed the plotted curve you can program either slew rate or driveshaft RPM and instead of putting it on the chip, it can pull timing until it gets it under control. Most people I've worked with use the Driveshaft RPM function with timing. You basically program two curves, a high and low, then tell the Grid how much timing to pull if you exceed the lower curve and how much on the higher curve. The Grid will apply timing retard within those two parameters, so it's much more nitrous friendly than using the RPM limiter to control it. There's more to it but that's a short version of how it's typically used. It works well.
ok cool... I know nothing about it yet so thank you for that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts