Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea, so bash on......however, please provide me some intelligent info...Lol.....GMPP has 2 blocks i guess, what is the difference, and how are they different from the last gen
Thanks in advance.
Zim

·
Registered
725 Posts
Its just an engine from the LS engine family.

LS1 with LS6 heads becomes LSX

The LSX block came around after the term had already been coined

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have no idea, so bash on......however, please provide me some intelligent info...Lol.....GMPP has 2 blocks i guess, what is the difference, and how are they different from the last gen
Thanks in advance.
Zim
Standard deck and Tall deck

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The term LSx came about when everyone started mixing and matching parts on the 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, etc. Then GM released their badass block and called it the LSX block. Thereby confusing shit.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
only confusing at times because people dont take the time to make sure they are using the right upper case or lower case x and 80% of the time its someone who has an LSx shown by firechikn and say LSX because they dont know theres a difference or wanna feel special saying the have an LSX when they dont

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
^^^^ Exactly

The only thing in common with the older generation blocks is the bellhousing bolt pattern.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the info. I'm a chassis guy so all this motor stuff is like french...thank you all.
Zim

·
Registered
210 Posts
Also GM makes the LS engines, Chevrolet made the sbc and bbc. I dont consider the LS to be chevrolet. Its all GM now, the divisions are all unified and all use the same stuff... the separate divisions are long gone.... along with Chevrolet in my opinion.

Also LSX refering to an engine in just that... An LS based engine. Not sure how people would assume its an LSX block, people running other after market blocks dont refer to their engines by the block name... so why would anyone with an LSX engine?

·
Registered
9,264 Posts
It's a SBC everything fits everything, right? LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts