Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends car has 3 stages of nitrous which is a dry system. He runs fuel injection gen 7 DFI , and how he runs his nitrous is a plate for 1 stage and his second stage is a fan type nozzel, and he claims his 3rd stage is when both systems come on togeteher. This doesnt make sense to me but i am new to nitrous. So can someone explain how 3 stages will work in his situation. thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Its not three stages.....Its two stages with three options of how to use it.

At least thats how I see it...

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
^^^^that's how I read it too

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just tell him he needs to install one more kit then he can say I have 3 kits of nitrous, but for now there is only 2..;)

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
3 stages require 3 wires . . . .

1) on/off 2) on/off 3) on/off . . . . .

Sounds like he has his timer/controller setup up like this:

Wires
1__2
=====
ON OFF
OFF ON
ON ON

Theoretically it a way to to increase the power in "3 STEPS" but it's not three stages.
In reality I would imagine the transition trying to turn off on kit and turn on the next is not very smooth, with either a dip or a spike where nothing is on or both are on . . . .

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A well known shop built the car and it flyes on nitrous 383 with afr 195 heads and a hydrolic roller with a 300 shot in all total systems conmbine for 9.40s in a 3200# car. Car did make 720 to the wheels. I find this car impressive. It also runs 11.20s on motor. His juice really wakes up his car.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
That's fine,sounds like a stout motor but......still ain't 3 stages. My car runs 13.0's on motor,and 11.30's on a 125 hit,wanna talk about waking up.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for clairing it up. He basically has two stages with a progressive or nitrous delay system. thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts