Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that's all you hear about, Twitter this twitter that? Isn't Facebook, email and texting enough? What does Twitter do that the others don't?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I agree, I can't keep up with all the stuff that is already set up. I had to have an internet phone but I never use that feature

·
Banned
6,167 Posts
just deleted myspace and facebook a couple weeks ago, couldn't be happier. Don't have any plans on trying twitter out. Just more time i can spend on the bullet

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Its just another way to disconnect yourself and meet your social needs sitting in front of a computer. Don't actually call anyone or heaven forbid talk to them face to face. I think its fucking pathetic myself. I did facebook for about a month till a bunch of people from my past started posting all kinds of shit about themselves that I just don't really want to know about. I was ok having forgot about them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Facebook is fine, tends to be more family & close friends for me. My space just seems too juvenile & twitter is just too much all the time. I have have a life.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Never had a Facebook account.
Never had a Myspace account.
Never even been to Twitter.

Is there a reason to be on the net other than YB?

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
The only thing I know about Twitter is that you can get text notifications when a certain "friend" posts something. I subscribe to my sister's "tweets." It's mostly cute lil blips about her 3 year old, so it's pretty cool for Aunt Amanda. :) I also get pics in the texts if a pic was attached to the tweet.

·
Flat Earther
3,964 Posts
Its just another way to disconnect yourself and meet your social needs sitting in front of a computer. Don't actually call anyone or heaven forbid talk to them face to face. I think its fucking pathetic myself. I did facebook for about a month till a bunch of people from my past started posting all kinds of shit about themselves that I just don't really want to know about. I was ok having forgot about them.
X100,000,000

Anybody from my past I was interested in talking to, I kept in touch with. There's a reason I don't talk to any of the others anymore.

It is kinda sad most kids these days seem to never leave their house. Their whole life is spent on these damn boxes. Shit, I'm glad we never had this shit when I was young. I had way too much fun going OUT and getting into trouble. Not be a E-stud, E-thug, E-racer, keyboard Rambo or w/e ya can be.

·
time to go racing yet ?
34,587 Posts
had a myspace .. but got into trouble becuase i seen something else i liked ... so got rid of that and never looked back .

i thought cells where bad now everyone needs to have a myspace , or facebook . if your not on there you have no friends . i dont get it . i wish i could go back 100 yrs when non of this shit existed !

·
I am The Dentist
50,953 Posts
I believe the only useful technology is vent windows, frozen pizza and the 409 Chevy. Everything after that is useless, aggravating fluff that costs way more than its worth.

-Brad

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
X100,000,000

Anybody from my past I was interested in talking to, I kept in touch with. There's a reason I don't talk to any of the others anymore.

It is kinda sad most kids these days seem to never leave their house. Their whole life is spent on these damn boxes. Shit, I'm glad we never had this shit when I was young. I had way too much fun going OUT and getting into trouble. Not be a E-stud, E-thug, E-racer, keyboard Rambo or w/e ya can be.
That is so true. My husband likes to buy games for the xbox. To me.....why the heck do we need that crap? I had so much fun as a kid just playing outside and using my imagination. My friend and I would spend the entire day outside playing. These games are so violent anyways. Sure they can be funny and stuff but come on.....just another way to waste money.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't use Twitter to keep up with my friends, I use it to keep up with different companies that offer promo discounts there that they don't offer elsewhere.

For example, for Canada Day, Westjet Airlines announced 15% off any flight booked (even off their seat sale fares), which I combined with an additional 10% discount offered by a local travel agent.

Also, a journalist friend of mine sends links when she's posted her new articles. Prevents me from having to continually check the website to see if it's been updated.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts