Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Frickin weather is perfect! Payouts are good. No other big races this weekend. What gives? Mother's Day? Wouldn't think so!
Its bad right now. I hope they do alright. We dont want guys to start canceling races

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
Yeah I figured somebody would try the mother's day deal,just not seein it. Itks tomorrow! There is finally some spectators finally in the stand,nowhere near what I would say it should be though.

We actually did the friday/sat before mothers day last year and it did real good.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Several of us are riding over to watch tonight after work.

People only have so much vacation to burn during the year, now with there being so many events it's harder for them to make all the races they want. With that said, with the money being paid you would expect a decent turnout. Maybe today will be better.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
There is just so much shit that goes into doing one of these and its a tough time. Gotta have the stars line up and one hell of a promo plan to back places. What kind of advertising did they do for this one? Is this one of Mike's races? They usually do pretty good I think.

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
I know i for 1 would be willing to work with everyone on dates to help prevent stacking races on top of each other.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
I know i for 1 would be willing to work with everyone on dates to help prevent stacking races on top of each other.
What's on top of this race? Is it a $6,000,000 to win radial race at the house of hook?

·
Registered
18,386 Posts
What's on top of this race? Is it a $6,000,000 to win radial race at the house of hook?
I dont know for sure Nate i just though i've seen a couple of other races with the same date.:confused:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
When EVERYONE wants to be a promoter these days and there are only so many weekends with open dates ,problem of races on same date will come into play---I do give Duck credit ,he talked the talk and backs it up,and maybe Nate who is new to the promoter side might think who has been promoting races before he came along! Jeff and Angel have done a lot to put races on way before Nate even tought about doing it ,all these guys with a different idea are great for the sport ,but as in any thing ,getting every race in in the given weekends in a year without overlap will be hard. Right now Donald has the right idea and if any one wants to make a go of it needs to follow his example-his example is hard to beat!

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I know for us we can only afford to race once a month so we have to choose which one we are going to and sit home the other three weekends . With the economy being as bad as it is there may be more and more people having to do the same as us .

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
When EVERYONE wants to be a promoter these days and there are only so many weekends with open dates ,problem of races on same date will come into play---I do give Duck credit ,he talked the talk and backs it up,and maybe Nate who is new to the promoter side might think who has been promoting races before he came along! Jeff and Angel have done a lot to put races on way before Nate even tought about doing it ,all these guys with a different idea are great for the sport ,but as in any thing ,getting every race in in the given weekends in a year without overlap will be hard. Right now Donald has the right idea and if any one wants to make a go of it needs to follow his example-his example is hard to beat!

I'm not new to the scene...been doing my own series paying 20-30k out per race for the last three years straight. Why don't you ask somebody who's been to my events if they are any good

Also, I've never cut a purse no matter the turnout. Talk to some racers buddy

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I didn't question your races ,but get a grip on your whinning about a race date getting over run by the House of Hook ,they had a scheduling conflict at the track and had to move the date to where it fit in ,and just so happen it came up on your date .The racers are going to races that are closer due to the way thing are now money wise,And when you OWN your own race track and have race dates set and track rentals you can understand -its business and not personal Buddy.....

1 - 20 of 122 Posts