Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a mother bottle thats been sitting a few years. Is it still good? should he trust it? I have heard people talk about stale nitrous but always thought it was a wives tale. This is a few years so I was just wondering. Thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
Since you are in NY, no it will not spoil. Otherwise I would say yes and I'll take it off your hands. lol

·
Registered
15,466 Posts
Its very dangerous after a year of storage. It gets unstable and can explode! Fortunately I am one of the few who will remove the cylinder free of charge for you as a public service.

Contact

Da Thief
100 Stole my bottle way.
Ripoffa MD

No it will be fine as long as it was clean nitrous...its a wives tale.

Treed Again!

·
Who Farted...?!?!
3,485 Posts
should be fine

·
Registered
370 Posts
those siphon mother bottles have been discontinued and unsafe .they cant be refilled.
i'll be right up with the disposal truck . there is a 50$recycle fee .i'll wave that since your here on YB

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well he got me all excited and the bottle had only a few pounds in it. so after digging out my dusty pumping station,digging up lines and hooking it all up,freezing bottles we got about 4 lbs out of it. thanks for the replies, ill be sure to call one of you if I ever get one of these old hazardous bottles again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts