Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam in the middle of building a 25.2 car and since it will not be done this season iam thinking of changing the power adder. The motor i have is a 548 bbc that dynoed at 820 on motor, that was built to run nitrous.

This is my guestion, i would like to make around 1400 hp next year and run it for the whole season ( need some seat time with out killing myself). Then step it up the year after. I want to only buy the procharger once so are u able to run a bigger procharger with out blowing up or haveing a real tuning headache. I also will most likely be running EFI and Alchol.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Put a F3R on it and run it at about 1.00 to about 1.04 overdrive and it will be ready to step it up when you are.

Blessings........Ron.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks thats what i was hoping for, the motor is a Gen VI with eagle crank, alum rods, JE nitrous pistons with just under 11-1, BrodiX bb2 heads with tons of work done to them. Will my bottom end hold together, and will it hit around 1400 hp if i use those overdrives?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
If your going to make a true 1400hp the OEM Gen6 block will not live a long time. You would be money ahead to invest in a good aftermarket block so you only have to spend the money one time.
That's my experience...........blessings.........Ron.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ron for the info, i will look into a new block, or maybe just keeping the boost down for the first year......What iam i talking about the first time i let it rip all iam going to do is want to pump up the boost. hmm didnt want to get into a new engine, that will mean a new tranny too maybe i will be able to curb my need for speed. Thanks again gave me a lot to chew on for the fall :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.