Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm fine with big magnet on the pan and give it a go, but just suggest one thing......examine the new distributor gear fairly frequently for a while just in case that small scoring on your cam gear doesn't turn out to be worse than you think.
Pull it out and check it after break in running, then at 25-50 miles, then after first weekend run hard, etc until you can be assured yourself that the cam gear isn't eating the new distributor gear teeth.
Been there, done that, and it can happen in very short mileage.
Once it looks good and stable wear shadow then you can let it run.
That way you don't ruin the whole short block over something you could have caught in time.

·
Premium Member
1982 S-10 pickup, 406sbc n/a , compression10.5:1, 4:10 gear- 9"Ford, caltracs
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
SCREEW THIS POST With my whining and over analyzing. Thank you EVERYONE who is concerned though! That's why I love car people. (Most of us)

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
But then it will have resistance after 75psi from running the motor. I'm confused

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
You don't know my schedule though, I worked 82 hours in 6 days Memorial Day week Tues-Sunday. (Concrete paving truck driver, busy season) So with all of this last week and this thread, I'm just thinking too much- worrying...all mental. The pump turns normal after all. I had old hotrodders some of you would know them. I've been assured it's good to go, I've searched enough...every drop of liquid was ran through cheesecloth, strong magnets in/out/through liquids and flexy one inside the pan, they said I have a right to worry and it's understandable why I'm thinking about that little metal booger so much. I'd really hate to disassemble and NOT FIND ANYTHING. Now that I've been assured by men who built and maintained the same 2 classic cars for decades (one has a piece of lifter in the bottom of the pan of his 69 camaro for years) all I'm doing is thinking and talking. So Rick came over in his 70 Dart 440 , he's a family friend who we TRUST DEEPLY and I've been told to quit the bullshit and drive it.

We'll be at Cruisin Downriver on Fort Street June 24-25th 2022 parked at McDonald's Southgate, and bouncing around to Sonic and Kroger.

Grace and Peace,
Eddie Krzeczkowski.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Checked the distributor gear today, looks fine. Everything is normal, I'll keep checking the gear for a few weeks and longer intervals after that. I got good at dropping it in 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 haha. I question the life of the transmission-sounding like a TURBO, has a whirling noise in this TH400 and unknown 10" converter. But everything's working good.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
It's running great. I need to try a 1/4 mile pass when it's not 90 degrees if I want to get the 10.90... in 95 degrees heat it went 11.09, shit converter, trans making noise, footbrake

41 - 49 of 49 Posts