Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals. We went, looked at some Explorer's and I thought we were going to be looking at the Edge's. Well we like the Explorer better. We are in $1,500 more then we owe for trade in so that dropped the payment a month but the guy is $500 below invoice and doesn't seem to want to go any lower and I have tried for this and that and they won't budge.

I'm also talking to the manager. So can the guy go any lower or not? I thought maybe he is trying to tell me something. Dealt with the guy at another dealership before but he wasn't the sales manager.

So what can I do? Anything?

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone can help?

·
Registered
70 Posts
you are better off tring to find one from a private seller the explores don't have a good resale value we bought one in 06 went a year later tried to trade on dulley and only offerd me half of what I payed. they are nice cars but when you pay that much and they tell you its not worth you payed for it less than a year later can really piss you off , just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I dont think we will be happy till the auto dealers just give them away free

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
Yep we are looking for a suv as well. Dealers dont seem that eager to sell. You would think with the economy tanking you could get a good deal. A couple of years ago 3500 under invoice was the norm.

·
Registered
666 Posts
We have been looking at them as well. A friend of the family who works at one dealership said that Ford isn't making many of them right now so the demand will be high for them. Maybe the deals will be better by summer.

·
Registered
43,008 Posts
I sold a few cars under cost back in the day. They have 3% in the floor plan to work with. You really need to be near the end of the month to push them on this though as the sales managers bonus is usually determined by the months total sales. He is the guy that says yes or no to this deal. If he is hungry he can pull it off.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
I can not imagine any factory incentives on a new design, non distressed 2011 at this time. If you can buy it for $500.00 under invoice, I'd say that is a very good deal. Either sell your trade outright for retail, or take the hit on trade in value. Not sure about your state, but in Texas we are taxed on difference, so there is savings there on the trade in value.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ford was offering $1,000.00 rebate and that is it.

I smell BS on this thread.

They are a really nice vehicle, amazingly quiet and alot of power. For the money it is hands down the best vehicle in it's class.
Why do you say that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts