Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Jeep Cherokee has been parked out by my house for over 2 months. The ignition is busted and it hasn't moved. I've called the cops a few times and they show up at the lot where the Jeep is, but they never get out of their fucking car or even come close to it. Pretty sure they don't feel like screwing with it. I would like to get this car back to the owner if it is in fact stolen - it's a little older so I could see someone only having liability, thus not getting paid on it.

Anyhow, it'd be appreciated if someone could do me this favor.

VIN# 1J4FFS854YL229488

Thanks

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
Call your local P.D and ask to speak to the officer in charge, explain the situation and see what happens.
We had a problem with kids drinking on the street corner a few years back, called and they would do a drive by and they would leave only to come back 10 minutes later. One call to the District commander and problem solved.
Or
Jump in with your least favorite screw driver and see if it starts. If it does drive it to the P.D and park it there.
See how long it lasts there.....lol

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
1j4ffs854yl229488 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Theft Records. I don't have any way of running law enforcement records but does not show up on the insurance NICB. Still may be stolen as these 2 bureaus do not communicate with each other.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
May see if somebody can run it to see if there is a lien on it as it may be a repo someone is looking for and if that is the case it wouldn't be reported as stolen either.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1j4ffs854yl229488 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Theft Records. I don't have any way of running law enforcement records but does not show up on the insurance NICB. Still may be stolen as these 2 bureaus do not communicate with each other.
Thanks a lot man - I appreciate you doing what you could. I guess i'll get back on the phone with the PD again tomorrow, geeze.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did a little more digging and it looks like I got a number wrong on the VIN.

1J4FF58S4YL229488 2000 JEEP/CHEROKEE CLASSIC/4.0L I6 FI

I mixed up an S and a 5. The above is the correct VIN - sorry for the confusion, I was out there with a flashlight trying to read it tonight.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I did a little more digging and it looks like I got a number wrong on the VIN.

1J4FF58S4YL229488 2000 JEEP/CHEROKEE CLASSIC/4.0L I6 FI

I mixed up an S and a 5. The above is the correct VIN - sorry for the confusion, I was out there with a flashlight trying to read it tonight.
Ran it with the corrected vin still shows nothing in Florida's database.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Corrected vin still shows the same in NICB.

1j4ff5854yl229488 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Theft Records.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Hey man, don't spoil a good thing. That's known as a "neighborhood car". It's just readily available to anybody that needs a quick ride somewhere but good etiquette requires that you always put it back where you got it.

·
#Tittipicsmatter !
6,405 Posts
I am getting "VIN NOT ON FILE"
It would also help if you listed a state in your location. With a state to add to the vin I could get creative with the searches and may be able to find out a few things that would help.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry - I'm in Missouri. Were you able to check it with the second VIN - 1J4FF58S4YL229488

Thanks again - appreciate all the help.

·
#Tittipicsmatter !
6,405 Posts
Sorry - I'm in Missouri. Were you able to check it with the second VIN - 1J4FF58S4YL229488

Thanks again - appreciate all the help.
I read the entire thread before checking anything. The vin was from post 8 that I checked.....ummmm ..... someone checked it for me.

Cant get anything back. Still says VIN NOT ON FILE in great big capital letters. I think my computer is being a smartass.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Set it on fire, then call the fire department. They will tow what's left off.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Open the door and get a quick whiff inside. If it smells like camel shit inside it may have been left behind by Al Quieda.

·
Registered
9,814 Posts
leave it alone it may be broken down and the owner money is tight and has not been able to pick it up yet. while sitting there some has tried to steal it but it will not start.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts