Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a set of high ports a couple months ago, and wanted to see if anyone might have some idea as to what Gen they are.

I know they have been ported and bronze guides installed, and they have 2.05 intake valves. What kind or flow would these have? Just looking for a ballpark guesstimate.. i'm building a stock bore 351 and just want to make sure it won't suffocate.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also FWIW these heads have nothing cast in the sides, it's recessed and has 2? freeze plugs. They have S/N of 183-2-1312 with AAP2116 stamped right above it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm no expert but one of the differences in the old and new casting High Ports is the water port shape on the intake side of the head. Unfortunately your gasket is still on the head covering the port.
Since these heads have been ported I would think they would flow plenty for a 351 build. They would have started at 192cc intake runner and with the porting are probably well over 200cc now.
Without any logo on the ends and just a serial # these heads are from the first few years the castings were available from Trick Flow. My Trick Flow Twisted Wedges are the same.No obvious logo just a serial #. I called Trick Flow and they told me what series I had. You could do the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for that bit of info Mr.funny! I picked up a 1262R gasket thinking that was how big the ports are/were but looks like I was off. You can clearly see the water ports however.

Would it be worthwhile to open up the port to the 1262R dimensions? This for a single turbo 351 that will see a max of 6000 rpm.. should have mentioned that in the first place.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
i cant get the pics to open for me , but when i hear freeze plug on the face i automatically think old canfield head.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I thought the Canfields were #d like 20( for the head degree)- 450-58(cc of chamber)-1 (cnc port) =20-450-58-1.
My Twisted Wedges are really old and the part # on them starts S/N just like these do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i've trying to find as much as possible online but there is a ton of confusion on these heads. The guy that sold them said they were TFS-R heads, but I already knew better.

The ends of my heads look like the one in this crappy photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
yeah my first gen t/w heads have the S/N part number as well. Scratch that.... Lol!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what I have read, these heads are the ones cast post KPI/TFS venture, right before the molds were sold to TFS. So that would make these the better of the old heads, gen 2.

Now the question is, is it worth it to open these up to. 1262R port or just run them as is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts