Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I footbrake the car until 6.45 seconds, then hit the transbrake. I left around 7.8 seconds. When I hit high gear, the car felt like it shook the tires quite a bit for maybe half of high gear. Not sure if this is normal? lol

Anyone have any insight? Much appreciated. Thanks!

SBF, powerglide, chance converter, ladderbars, 33 x 10.5W tire.

60' was a pathetic 1.27

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
link not working for me .

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Looks almost like it was breaking up ignition wise. Can you back the boost down to say 18-20 psi and try to make a clean pass?

·
Super Moderator
9,251 Posts
The TPS Sensor is moving around too. Did you lift? If not it may be loose.

It does look like you are breaking up or you have a miss.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
What does your intake look like? Also is the main power for both the Fast and the MSD directly on the battery?

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
wow how can u guys read that stuff? its all a bunch of weird characters... then again i never seen a data log.. what system is that from?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The TPS Sensor is moving around too. Did you lift? If not it may be loose.

It does look like you are breaking up or you have a miss.
I lifted slightly after the power came on.

It's possible I have a miss, though I had a pass or two earlier in the night at that boost level without it breaking up. I have had issues with an old setup with plugs wearing with use and the gaps getting large enough that eventually it will misfire. I'll yank the plugs and check them out. They are NGK R5671A-10 straight out of the box. These probably have 10 passes on them.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What does your intake look like? Also is the main power for both the Fast and the MSD directly on the battery?
The intake manifold is an edelbrock super victor, ported by TEA. Is there something specific you are asking about? The main power for both MSD (7530 box) and the FAST (classic sequential individual cylinder control box) are connected to the battery.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
No biggie, I have seen weird distribution issues with some sheetmetal tunnel ram setups.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Im no where near as fast as you. With that said Ive found that when using cold NGKs like you , i could only get 8-12 passes on them depending on the tune. A fat tune would kill them in the 8 pass range and show a jagged RPM line. Not as jagged or aggressive as yours but i could see when they had enough on the log.

·
Registered
843 Posts
check rotor button phase and gap on crank trigger.

·
Super Moderator
9,251 Posts
I use the NGK 10's. I have one set that I use to warm up the car and another set that I use to race. The warm up plugs are SHIT. They are all fouled out and nasty. The race plugs last a while but I change them often to reduce the risk of them fouling out. I only run the plugs about 5 passes or so and then I make the race plugs the new warm up set. I gap them at .025".

·
Registered
555 Posts
i dont know anything about turos and spark plugs but wheni as running ngks i also had some warm up plugs and used new ones at every race.. i switch to the champion plugs never had a problem again but that was nitrous eng

1 - 17 of 17 Posts