Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for being vague, let me back up a bit. 69 Camaro stock susp, 275 Hoosiers with a BBC on 2 kits with a th400. Been fighting tire shake for over 2 months. Tires had several passes them, swapped to new tires I have gone up and down on tire pressure and up and down on shocks. The only way I know I can check the shocks is to pull them off and compress and extend them and feel for loose spots. They are qa1 singles. I had this thing 60fting 1.30 consistently before this all started. The car weighs 3560lbs. It does not shake on a motor pass. When this first started it only shook with both kits going, it didnt do it on the first kit.
The car is way slow now. I was blaming this on the summer air but last night we had temps in the 50's. I made a pass on a small kit: 60ft 1.42, 330 3.89, 660 5.90 at 122 mph. This is way off. I have a 3.55 gear and this should equat to 30% slip if I am figuring right. The tune seems to be spot on with the motor, nothing changed. Im just wondering if my problems were converter all along.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
that much power on hand would benifit from doubble on the rear for sure... may have the shocks dynoed... how about rear springs giving up? does the converter have a sprag?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah converter has a sprag. Earlier this year I tried doubles and couldnt improve on my best 60fts so I kept the singles. Again this thing was working pretty good. I forgot to mention above my rpm's are just over 6800 thought the traps in the 1/8, that dont sound right at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts