Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Long Live The King
106,061 Posts
^^^

think cam card to actuall and lobe to lobe.

G

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
when someone says between lobes im thinking stroker hitting or roller lifters hitting opposite lobes.....lift variance should only be a max of .002" thou end to end on all the lobes

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
think cam card to actuall and lobe to lobe.
G
Yeah, that's it.
Would 2* be considered close enough for OTS, mass production?
What about for a custom cam?

I really screwed up checking a cam the other day, which lead to this question. A combination of errors like overconfidence, lack of experience, interruptions, and checking at the valve retainer, lead me to believe some weird readings. The next day I redid it at the pushrod (heads on engine) being as precise and cautious as possible. The new readings are all within 2* between the card, #1, and #6.

·
Long Live The King
106,061 Posts
Yeah, that's it.
Would 2* be considered close enough for OTS, mass production?
What about for a custom cam?

I really screwed up checking a cam the other day, which lead to this question. A combination of errors like overconfidence, lack of experience, interruptions, and checking at the valve retainer, lead me to believe some weird readings. The next day I redid it at the pushrod (heads on engine) being as precise and cautious as possible. The new readings are all within 2* between the card, #1, and #6.

I hadn't read your new results....sounds much better. I've never checked other than #1 but I've thought about it.

G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts