Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have you got any track results?
not yet , hoped to have it back together months ago, but rain, work and other things took up time. I was off work for three weeks due to the virus stuff , did a bit of welding, cutting and painting before getting the motor in, but got called back to work a month earlier than I thought I would be, so taking it slow and trying to make everything fit like I want. For the most part, Norcal here is still on lockdown, so there isnt any point in rushing things

·
Registered
87 Posts
Opinions on the Brodix SR20 intake V Super victor 565 with work also ?
I've got the Brodix, port matched. I would like to get a good look at the super Victor though. The SV looks like its a bit taller, I need to check the spec on it to be sure. as a side note, when the builder dynoed the engine, he stopped the pulls at 7400 but the power was still climbing, it never nosed over.

·
Registered
87 Posts
(y) real world results thats what im after , the low comp was to run pump fuel for Hot street limited strip life on this build still needs to be a genuine 8 sec streeter though so I want to get it right first time . It was a toss up with keeping some comp in it and running E85 or go with the 98 fuel we have everywhere here .

When the first SR20 combo's started coming out I saw that guys were running Large lift .850+ and very different duration to the typical conventional head builds to make GOOD power .
98 octane??? where are you at?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Australia .

When I looked the Brodix BR2020 and the Supervictor 565 as im 9.8 deck both were about the 7.6" height .I see Shafiroff use the Brodix mostly and Sunset / Reher use the Edelbrock .

·
Registered
87 Posts
The heads have some extra cnc bowl , chamber and entry work, also the Intake was ported. for what I'm doing they work, would they work better with someone's full cnc program? maybe.
we will see how this all works in the car

·
Registered
748 Posts
The heads have some extra cnc bowl , chamber and entry work, also the Intake was ported. for what I'm doing they work, would they work better with someone's full cnc program? maybe.
we will see how this all works in the car
who did that work to them? 45 or 50 deg seat?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Cutting a Edelbrock SV632 2897 down to work with the 9.890" deck height . Still looking for someone who wants to design supply camshaft likely on a 60mm core .

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
98 octane???
btw aussie 98 is akin to US 93 octane

"There are two different measurements for Octane. One is called the Research Octane Number (RON). It's used in most of the world. The other is called the Motor Octane Number (MON). The US and Canada average the two tests. The tests are different; MON is a more sensitive test than the RON test.

So the same fuel will get a different octane number in the two tests. Because of the averaging, there's usually about a 4-6 Octane gap between US numbers and the rest of the world's numbers."

·
Registered
87 Posts
btw aussie 98 is akin to US 93 octane

"There are two different measurements for Octane. One is called the Research Octane Number (RON). It's used in most of the world. The other is called the Motor Octane Number (MON). The US and Canada average the two tests. The tests are different; MON is a more sensitive test than the RON test.

So the same fuel will get a different octane number in the two tests. Because of the averaging, there's usually about a 4-6 Octane gap between US numbers and the rest of the world's numbers."
thanks, I didnt know that

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Stall speed and weight of car. As well as how much street driving will have a big influence on cam design
It’s one thing to have a cam that make big dyno numbers
But then actually accelerate hard and still go the distance on the street

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
3100lb Camaro 315 Radial 3 speed TCE5000 , made the decision to keep comp in it at 14:1 and E85 .

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Still looking for someone who wants to design supply camshaft likely on a 60mm core .
We have our 55mm tool steel cores with LS firing order, on the shelf. We can order an 8620 steel 60mm core, but they only come with the 4/7 swap firing order.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts