Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pumpgas BP98 SR20 headed 2.400int 1.8exh Aluminum 600" 4.610X4.500 12:1 comp Supervictor 2 intake with a 1250 carb .

Solid roller how much cam to make 1100hp ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
.807int .748ex 284 @.050 int 298 @.050 exh on my 598 12.0:1 made your number with brx's with just a little work

but theres a number of guys on here that can give you more expertise

·
Registered
90 Posts
question for you, why did YOU go with less compression on your engine? as compared to the pretty much normal 15:1?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
question for you, why did YOU go with less compression on your engine? as compared to the pretty much normal 15:1?
(y) real world results thats what im after , the low comp was to run pump fuel for Hot street limited strip life on this build still needs to be a genuine 8 sec streeter though so I want to get it right first time . It was a toss up with keeping some comp in it and running E85 or go with the 98 fuel we have everywhere here .

When the first SR20 combo's started coming out I saw that guys were running Large lift .850+ and very different duration to the typical conventional head builds to make GOOD power .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
(y) real world results thats what im after , the low comp was to run pump fuel for Hot street limited strip life on this build still needs to be a genuine 8 sec streeter though so I want to get it right first time . It was a toss up with keeping some comp in it and running E85 or go with the 98 fuel we have everywhere here .

When the first SR20 combo's started coming out I saw that guys were running Large lift .850+ and very different duration to the typical conventional head builds to make GOOD power .
C2 Racing who ground that cam for you ?

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
No reason for more than 280 @050 on the intake it will just kill average hp and torque with those heads and only needing 1100hp. I would be in 268-274 range on the intake and 292-298 on the exhaust with .800 to 850 lift.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Wow!
30 degrees of duration split? I had no idea SR20 heads were so poor on the exhaust side?
Sorry yeah it can get done with less, I'm use to big rpm and needing to clear the cylinder. Everyone has their own theory's on what works and what doesn't. The funny thing with camshafts is you can ask 10 different people, engine builders, and etc and get 10 different answers. Some may be close and some may be way different.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have a 600ci motor 15:1 Sonnys heads, it made 1140 at 6700. It's set conservatively right now, but has a .890 int. And .840 exh.

·
Registered
90 Posts

I'm in the same boat, its going in what is mostly going to be a street car, not rushing the build now that it seems here in CA we may not have much racing this year.should be running this summer

·
Registered
24 Posts
do you have big tunnel and or larger lifters with bigger wheels? either will help
difd you post rocker ratios?
sed mike your head flows and his exhaust and let him pick the lobes
cant bear his inverse radius profiles

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
do you have big tunnel and or larger lifters with bigger wheels? either will help
difd you post rocker ratios?
sed mike your head flows and his exhaust and let him pick the lobes
cant bear his inverse radius profiles
Option is there if needed to do big tunnel possibly 60mm Babbit and definitely in for a .903 or .936 lifter for the added endurance . Need to check to be sure believe the Jesel's were 1.75 ratio .

1 - 20 of 40 Posts