Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got my car all back up and running it runs strong but noises over or falls flat at 6000 rpm heres what i have
565bbc with merlin 320 heads ported and polished pac valves springs 200 seat 475 open. hyd roller camshaft, my question is what rpm range should this camshaft perform in. the car is all motor now but will be twin turbo after i get it sorted out on motor first. im sorry if the picture is large i dont know how to resize it

·
Long Live The King
106,064 Posts
565" with .260* dur and a .610 lift cam ... you didn't mention the intake ( Carb, intake manifold)

but with that cam...I'd expect it to fall off at 5,800-6,000

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
565" with .260* dur and a .610 lift cam ... you didn't mention the intake ( Carb, intake manifold)

but with that cam...I'd expect it to fall off at 5,800-6,000
Intake is single plane victor jr. Carb is 1280 davinci carb built for this motor. It does thisi n every gear. Has 36 total timing in it, the car is fast but the engine is lazy and when i brought the cam they said 6500 buti brought it from speed shop instead of having it made myself so i would know for sure if im doing something wrong. To be honest my monte carlo is same setup with diffrent cam. Car weights alot more but it feels alot faster than the camaro i guess thats why this camshaft is not making me happy. Man cams make a big diffrence

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
what is compression ratio?

i hope you have a short travel lifter. those springs will certainly cause trouble for the lifter if you dont.

·
Long Live The King
106,064 Posts
Intake is single plane victor jr. Carb is 1280 davinci carb built for this motor. It does thisi n every gear. Has 36 total timing in it, the car is fast but the engine is lazy and when i brought the cam they said 6500 buti brought it from speed shop instead of having it made myself so i would know for sure if im doing something wrong. To be honest my monte carlo is same setup with diffrent cam. Car weights alot more but it feels alot faster than the camaro i guess thats why this camshaft is not making me happy. Man cams make a big diffrence
you didn't mention what lifters you were running ?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
10.8 to 1
RFD Victor Heads
QFT 1050
Stefs Pan
Vacuum Pump
Foxwell Ported Super Victor
Strauby CAm 740/719 270/278 108 Sep
93 BP Gas

916HP @ 7000
765#/ft 5600

Straub posted this in the dyno results sticky. i would stick close to this cam, with less valve lift.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
10.8 to 1
RFD Victor Heads
QFT 1050
Stefs Pan
Vacuum Pump
Foxwell Ported Super Victor
Strauby CAm 740/719 270/278 108 Sep
93 BP Gas

916HP @ 7000
765#/ft 5600

Straub posted this in the dyno results sticky. i would stick close to this cam, with less valve lift.
Will a cam like that make hp with the turbos and airconditioning. I have been reading and seeing that this camshaft that i have will act totally diffrent when boosted so i will wait and see if not then i will have another made. The part that mainly disappointing me is how lazy the camshaft is

·
YB Liar and Chief
29,163 Posts
That cam should work well with boost.

·
Long Live The King
106,064 Posts
Will a cam like that make hp with the turbos and airconditioning. I have been reading and seeing that this camshaft that i have will act totally diffrent when boosted so i will wait and see if not then i will have another made. The part that mainly disappointing me is how lazy the camshaft is

why ... you don't have the turbos hooked up yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
why ... you don't have the turbos hooked up yet.
Because it wont be under boost all the time, i have had nitrous motors with nitrous cams ant they still. Were not lazy without the juice. But this is my first time doing turbo stuff so i dont know what it should be like on motor. Fact of the matter is im glad its running and in the morning the turbos will be ordered

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
sorry, I missed the part about the turbos. must be low compression. and, I can see it being lazy with no boost. its the nature of the beast, I am afraid.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts