Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved a $124.00 ticket for not coming to a complete dead stop at a traffic light in Spokane Wa. They mailed me pictures of the incident and a apparent video (havent watched it yet). I know the corner it was at, it is a right hand turn on the red. I didn't stop completely but was barley moving (turtle speed). Can they inforce those things?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I just recieved a $124.00 ticket for not coming to a complete dead stop at a traffic light in Spokane Wa. They mailed me pictures of the incident and a apparent video (havent watched it yet). I know the corner it was at, it is a right hand turn on the red. I didn't stop completely but was barley moving (turtle speed). Can they inforce those things?

Sound like you admitted guilt- and yes they can enforce it, especially if they have it on video.

·
Let's have one.
3,176 Posts
It's bullshit.........my neighbor got one. He tried to watch the video and it kept bouncing him around different links. His happened in Miami,Fl and the payment center was in Arizona!:confused: The return addy was in Ohio!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
the law states right on red AFTER STOP
not slow and go
so yea they can inforce it

·
Registered
56,906 Posts
Do they have a positive pic of you driving?? If not, protest it!!! WE had ( as in not anymore ) photo radar and it was a joke. Beat it every time!!!

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
those things are bullshit... what happens when your car can tell you didn't obey the law via gps and automatically puts a lien on your driving privileges, or wont start until the dept is paid... because driving is a privilege, not a right, and so is ownership of a licensed vehicle.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
It's like a parking ticket.... fine only no points and doesn't go on your record. Just revenue collection.
for now... until the network and hardware is in place, then its on...because once its there people cant raise hell about how much it costs. unlike if they were building the system, AND using it like it was a cop stopping you...because then people would be pissed and not want the system funded for.

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
3 second rule for right turn on red, how do i know? the wife got one for 2.68 seconds but she swore she came to a stop and after looking up the law it said you must stop 3 seconds then proceed with caution.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
In VA all you have to say is that there was an emergency vehicle behind you with the lights on and they will let you out of the ticket. But we dont have a video camera just pics.

·
Registered
854 Posts
take them to court about it. you have the right to cross examine your accusor, if someone shows up to "represent" the camera is should be thrown out b/c they were not there,

there was a morning talkshow that discussed a way to get out of most every ticket imaginable

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Do they have a positive pic of you driving?? If not, protest it!!! WE had ( as in not anymore ) photo radar and it was a joke. Beat it every time!!!
its the vehicle owners responsibility here in NY
if i borrow your car and go through a red light the you get the ticket not me.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
My son got 2 of 'em (1 red light, 1 failure to make complete stop)!...
We both watched the videos and he paid me the cash for both tickets!...

I called and got them both dismissed, not sure IF I told him that though!... :cool:

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yes it caNn be enforced. However they need to prove you were driving. Now if you claim you weren't they can subpoena you to provide info as to whom was driving.If you say you don't know, can't remember, etc, etc, it's posssible the Judge could find you in contempt (uncooperative witness) as it is your car & unless it's stolen you should know who was operating it.
That being said, "old geezer" is right, you can beat these revenue enhancement tickets, but is it worth the risk? That's what "THE SYSTEM" relies on, so it's kind of a risky proposition. You can plead not guilty, with stills & video I don't know what your defense would be, & hope if you're found guilty the Judge doesn't fine you the max for wasting his time (yes, they can do that) or you can suck it up, own up to coasting through it, & move on.
BTW, in Phx our red-light cameras are set to go off above 6 m.p.h. Your City may have theirs set similiarly (check with Traffic Engineering). That little "fact" alone may be enough to convict you.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts