1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Hemi's ROCK!!!
32,173 Posts
Whatever the amount of the fine is, just send it in.

Example: If the fine is $100.00, take $100.00 cash and lay it on the kitchen counter. Take a picture of the cash and send it in with the camera picture of the violation. See if that works.....

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
LOL^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
56,907 Posts

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts
Typically, the fines are small and they don't go on your record. You can fight them, but you have to be there in person. Its tax revenue for the township or city.

One interesting thing is California SC has ruled them to be unenforceable due to hearsay evidence. They flash, but you don't get the tickets in the mail anymore.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Example: If the fine is $100.00, take $100.00 cash and lay it on the kitchen counter. Take a picture of the cash and send it in with the camera picture of the violation. See if that works.....
x2 ;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
They banned them here. To much hassles in court.
they only banned them on the freeway... el mirage, phoenix, paradise valley and some more still use them... be careful

·
Registered
11,446 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2013/07/speeding-camera-ticket-not-so-fast.html

A friend and fellow member got a camera issued speeding ticket the other day from another state.

The surveillance society is out of control, things like this should not be allowed.

Anyone else receive this kind of citation? What did you do about it?
Little late to the party.....been happening since early 70's, really ramped up post 9-11.

London has over 500,000 (half mil) cameras in city, last nu I read.

Traffic Cams are $$ Revenue Producers, primarily....but as others have said haven't worked well in many cities or towns.

Some States are wanting GPS type tracking so they can tax per highway mile driven, a use tax.......now that's out there.

There is a website dedicated to traffic cams and how to fight a ticket (cam calibrations and more info)...google and it should come up....

Good luck..

·
Registered
126 Posts

Then they send you a picture of handcuffs

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
We have them north of my home town. The fines are generally small and is not considered a moving violation due to the fact that who the driver was can not be proved. Local gov't gets a part and the state gets a part if on a state maintained road.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I got one in Arizona and researched the law. In order to enforce it and collect they have to come to your residence directly within a certain number of days. Since I live in Montana, I figured I was safe so I ignored it. It went away.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got two in Melbourne, Australia on the same stretch of road twelve hours apart-- one leaving town in the morning, one coming back in the evening. Surveillance state, indeed--I am a US resident and was in a rental car, yet they issued the citations in my name and mailed the citations a little more than a week after the infraction date. I paid them, since I didn't want any hassles at immigration and customs the next time I went down under.

Bastards.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Got one on I-95 outside Baltimore. $40.00, paperwork said no points and wont effect insurance. Paid it,would have cost more in gas & tolls to contest it.

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
I got two in Melbourne, Australia on the same stretch of road twelve hours apart-- one leaving town in the morning, one coming back in the evening. Surveillance state, indeed--I am a US resident and was in a rental car, yet they issued the citations in my name and mailed the citations a little more than a week after the infraction date. I paid them, since I didn't want any hassles at immigration and customs the next time I went down under.

Bastards.

Those fucking things are everywhere down here. Unless you have had a clean record for 7 years or more and write away to try to get off, you have to cop it sweet or lose your licence.

The govt makes about one billion dollars a year from traffic fines per year.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

Don't be surprised if you get one back with a picture of a "Pair of Handcuffs"

1 - 20 of 50 Posts