Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I thought the dodge and chebby were way faster??
Ford guys wanted the numbers, I saw the mag and snapped a photo.
Like I’ve said numerous times I’m not brand loyal (and it’s awesome), so if you wanna argue with me about times I’ll say this-the GT500 was supposed to destroy the competition-it does not, not even close. If anything it appears to be a driver’s race.
Personally, if I was driving the GT500 I would feel pretty dumb paying way more than a Camaro and losing to it. I’d also feel dumb watching the ancient-platform (and apparent fat-ass) Challenger constantly swarming me as I can’t seem to lose it. And I’d feel pretty gay grabbing the dial shifter and waiting for the trans on launch. But I’m sure you and the Ford fans would feel special, and somehow claim victory.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Well lumbergh im impressed with your thoughtfulness. However you have to consider a few things. We at Ford never actually had a car( shelby has been out of production a few years) that was close other than the real Shelby offerings and the gt350 which in fact for a small cube n/a car is respectable. The new gt500 is at the top of list now and in varying shootouts at least very close. It covers a wide variety of areas. But that’s another story. The main story its very close to the top competitors and with minor updates can be made down right nasty. For the blue oval crowd whats not to like??

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Well lumbergh im impressed with your thoughtfulness. However you have to consider a few things. We at Ford never actually had a car( shelby has been out of production a few years) that was close other than the real Shelby offerings and the gt350 which in fact for a small cube n/a car is respectable. The new gt500 is at the top of list now and in varying shootouts at least very close. It covers a wide variety of areas. But that’s another story. The main story its very close to the top competitors and with minor updates can be made down right nasty. For the blue oval crowd whats not to like??
Well the answer to that is simple, and covered in my last reply, but I’ll add to it, and post it here as well.
The GT500 has been dormant for a few years, all the while going through increased development and fine-tuning, meant to make it beat an underpowered Camaro, and an outdated Challenger. Does it beat them? Depends who’s driving. But in instrumented testing the Camaro comes out in top, with less power and a much lower price.
The premium people are paying for the GT500 is laughable, but it’s likely all Ford guys, since to them it is somehow superior, dial-shifter and all, which is fine, more power to them.
If it was my money I’d probably go for a Redeye, but to each his own.
Cheers.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Somehow on a drag race site, a car that traps over 130 in almost every test conducted, has been mid 10s on a 20 inch radial, runs within a .001s or so of a pure track Camaro that no one buys at MASSIVE discounts is still a pos.

Good thing it ain't as big a POS as the jaded LS GM YB fan boys on here who's drag only cars don't even trap 130 on full drag, if they even have a car...

·
Registered
17,855 Posts
Somehow on a drag race site, a car that traps over 130 in almost every test conducted, has been mid 10s on a 20 inch radial, runs within a .001s or so of a pure track Camaro that no one buys at MASSIVE discounts is still a pos.

Good thing it ain't as big a POS as the jaded LS GM YB fan boys on here who's drag only cars don't even trap 130 on full drag, if they even have a car...
:) :) :)

·
Señor Member
28,222 Posts
Camaro laying the pipe to the secretary mobile...as usual.

? ? ?

·
Señor Member
28,222 Posts
Yes 124mph car is always quicker than a 132 mph car, retard LS math at hard work here, I'd expect no less from some cammed F-body faggot

Poor drunky Windsor...still can't figured out the difference between ET and MPH.

Furd lost...now go have a good cry and drink yourself silly. Oh wait...looks like you already did. ?

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Well I guess we've been doing it wrong all these years boys...the winner of a 1/4 mile race is who traps fastest, lmao. So in the standing mile it must be who gets to the end first then?......or wherever the Ford finishes, l so. Fucking Ford guys.
Nice avi @WindsorCobra

·
Registered
15,692 Posts
Well I guess we've been doing it wrong all these years boys...the winner of a 1/4 mile race is who traps fastest, lmao. So in the standing mile it must be who gets to the end first then?......or wherever the Ford finishes, l so. Fucking Ford guys.
Nice avi @WindsorCobra
Shit.....all along I thought the clock and the finish line were the deciders. Dammit.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Did you guys not see the link in the original post? The Mustang was quicker as well as faster. They explained it spun away the 60mph run but beat the Camaro to 100 and blew it away badly by five seconds to 160mph.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts