Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a 1997 ss slp camaro...

I was wondering what you guys think its worth... It has 60k miles on it 6 speed T-tops..

·
I like to party!!
4,338 Posts
It is not what we think it is worth, it all boils down to how much are you willing to spend!!

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
'99-'02 LS1 powered and you will be a lot happier. '98 had some oil pump issues leading to spun rod bearings. '97 is a much less desirable LT1 engine.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,558 Posts
jump on ls1tech and price them out..seeing its a ss slp it with that many mile maybe 4k or 5k..

i paid 1500 for my 150k 94 z28..

the lt1 motors are well not like a ls1..but with that being said..they can and do make power..not to mention the damn blocks can take a beating once converted over to splayed 4 bolt mains and filled..in the tune of 1275rwhp that i know of..lol

with bolt ons and a tune you could make around 330rwhp with it in stock trim..im actualy going after the lt1 bolt on record to keep my car from sitting while i do the turbo motor..it is currently set at 11.48 in a 3050# car with driver..the rules are pretty much you take a stock lt1 long block,cant port or match port..cant take the heads off but can do a spring an rocker swap and thats it for motor shit really..im hopeing to get it down to around 11 teens.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advice...This guy was talking 15 k....It put down 301 rwhp at the car craft show we have here in MN... He was offering It to me as a trade for my 1970 RS camaro all original 100k mile car..

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jump on ls1tech and price them out..seeing its a ss slp it with that many mile maybe 4k or 5k..

i paid 1500 for my 150k 94 z28..

the lt1 motors are well not like a ls1..but with that being said..they can and do make power..not to mention the damn blocks can take a beating once converted over to splayed 4 bolt mains and filled..in the tune of 1275rwhp that i know of..lol

with bolt ons and a tune you could make around 330rwhp with it in stock trim..im actualy going after the lt1 bolt on record to keep my car from sitting while i do the turbo motor..it is currently set at 11.48 in a 3050# car with driver..the rules are pretty much you take a stock lt1 long block,cant port or match port..cant take the heads off but can do a spring an rocker swap and thats it for motor shit really..im hopeing to get it down to around 11 teens.

Good luck..Its cool to see people on te bullet setting records....

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
I wouldn't pay more then 6-8k for that car.Lt1 cars are a dime a dozen and aftermarket parts are very limited.I'd rather have a LS car with double the mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts