Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who does everyone use to help with cam selection. I have been using a salesman at comp cams. By the way this is for a NA BBC.
Thanks
Cary

·
Super Moderator
35,260 Posts
Whomever you use, make sure it is a competent engine guy. This just my opinion, but do not use one of the big cam companies to do the overall cam design. They can grind the cam for ya, but look elsewhere for the numbers. These are not engine designers. Yeah yeah I've heard it all before, these guys do cams for a lot of engine guys so they know this or that but when you're sitting there wondering how this car, or that car can do this or that in the 60', and in the 1/4 mile, and you can't seem to do the same...KNOW THIS.... much has to do with the camshaft. The cam is the BRAIN of the engine. I've seen folks with cam recommendations from these big companies and even myself have called to get their thoughts, and they are almost always so far off that it's unbelievable.

In my opinion Jay Allen is one of the most competent engine/cam designers out there.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try to get a hold of Jay Allen.
What is his board name?
I thought a cam just opened and closed valves. duh!

Thanks for the help
Cary

·
Registered
726 Posts
Chris Uratchko said:
In my opinion Jay Allen is one of the most competent engine/cam designers out there.
Thank You Chris. I appreciate that. And as YOU know PERSONALLY, I try my ass off to get the best product I can to the customer.

That 1.228 sixty foot is CERTAINLY getting with the program!

To the gentleman who is looking for me. You may click on the link in my signature and that will take you to the web site. Or, you may call me. I am at 1.734.730.2574. I am a one man show. If you get V/M leave a message. I WILL get back with you & I will take my time with you.

Thanks To All!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I also can say Jay will work very hard to design the best camshaft for your application. He will be very honest with you and tell you what he thinks.

He has worked hard on my stuff and through a lot of my changes. He is great to work with and knows what he is doing.

You won't be disappointed. Great customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts