Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for opinions on what cam to run in a 614 BBC with 15 to 1 compression and a set of the 18* Big duke heads. The car with driver is 1850 lbs with a 2 speed and 3.90 gears. I would like something that doesnt require me to change valve springs all the time but will still preform well. Currently the motor has something like a .805 lift 300 something duration and a 114 lobe seperation. Sorry I dont remember the exact specs right now. Just wanted to see what everybody though on this and if there is something that would work better.

Thanks,

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Place a call to LSM in Michigan. They can custom grind you a cam.
Bullet Cams is another custom grinder.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
I am gonna go with horndog. I have siad this before in this forum to. Motors like these are really outside the realm of experience of all but a few shops and builder.

LSM and Bullet would be some good places to call.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would say call Comp Cams & have something like this ground for you. The grind number is CB 47 1729 / 1868 R 114 +2.

the specs are 285 / 304 @ .050 with .845 int and .800 exh ground on a 114 LSA installed on a 112.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
You are going to want something bigger than that , with those good cylinder heads . You are gonna want around .900 lift minimum and more LSA. What ratio rocker do you have ???? You want something along the lines of 288/310 @.050 and .900-920 lift intake by .860 -.870 exhaust lift and move the LSA out to 116 degrees ... Its best to give Bullet or comp Or LSM a call as suggested ,but I'll bet I to aint far off ....

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
You are going to want something bigger than that , with those good cylinder heads . You are gonna want around .900 lift minimum and more LSA. What ratio rocker do you have ???? You want something along the lines of 288/310 @.050 and .900-920 lift intake by .860 -.870 exhaust lift and move the LSA out to 116 degrees ... Its best to give Bullet or comp Or LSM a call as suggested ,but I'll bet I to aint far off ....
x2 on the cam specs but maybe even add anothe 2 deg intake

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a couple of custom grinds I order from Cran Cams and sell for this engine and head combination. I have a 632 with Dart Big Chiefs in my personal Top Sportsman car that we have ran both of these cams in and still currently run one of them. One is a 4/7 swap and one has the normal firing order. I can sell either of these to you. If you wish to purchase one you may send a PM and/or call me.

We build engines for ourselves, and others, along with having the machine work done by Wasserbeck's Speed Shop (Power Transmission).

Marvin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts