Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHATS UP YB PEOPLE, i have a Comp roller that i can't ID, It's goin in a 406w here's the numbers that are on it,312665,270492,07121,and a barely legible 35-272 or222 can't read the 35#s ,I think it's a custom grind cuz i can't find it in the book,:confused: HELP ME MAN:confused:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would guess that you do not know how to degree a camshaft.
I need to know where Comp recommends it be installed, .... INTAKE CENTERLINE, ITS ALOT EASIER TO READ IT OFF THE SPEC CARD ,

·
Registered
560 Posts
WHATS UP YB PEOPLE, i have a Comp roller that i can't ID, It's goin in a 406w here's the numbers that are on it,312665,270492,07121,and a barely legible 35-272 or222 can't read the 35#s ,I think it's a custom grind cuz i can't find it in the book,:confused: HELP ME MAN:confused:

From those numbers, that does not appear to be a Comp Cams camshaft. A comp grind number would look like 4012s/4012s R108 or something similar.

later J

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
basic install on most is split overlap.

if you knew how to use a degree wheel, and could determine the lobe seperation angle, then there is basic math involved to determine the basic starting point of intake opening and closing along with exhaust opening and closing.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if it is 35-772 it is solid roller xr286r adv dur 286 in 292 ex @ 50 248 in 254 ex lift .614 in .621 ex with 110 lobe seperation
After looking closer it appears that it may say 35-772,but again that number is barely legible, it is definitly a Comp stick,but with those other numbers i 'm wondering if it has been reground or a custom grind from Comp.I havn't called Comp yet,hopfully tomorrow.THANKS

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
basic install on most is split overlap.

if you knew how to use a degree wheel, and could determine the lobe seperation angle, then there is basic math involved to determine the basic starting point of intake opening and closing along with exhaust opening and closing.
I know how to use a degree wheel.The guy i'm putting this engine together for is tighter than a bulls ass so i ain't putting a whole lotta extra effort into this one,but thanks

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
o.k.

but it seems that you have spent more time on this site / internet than what it would take for me to run the numbers with a degree wheel and figure it out...!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
o.k.

but it seems that you have spent more time on this site / internet than what it would take for me to run the numbers with a degree wheel and figure it out...!!!!!!
Man are you for real ,I been WORKIN all day right i'm layin on my couch clickin a fuckin mouse and typin on a fuckin keyboard ,which meens that i'm not standing on the concrete in my shop crunchin numbers and burnin my time for FREE,HELL NO,SO GET A FUCKIN GRIP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts