Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who can get their hands on a cam doctor to check two cams i have. dont have any info on them other than they might be comp cams. got some parts from a friend who has had a stroke and can no longer drive or get around to much, and doesnt remember who they came from. thanks roger

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
There's numbers on the end of the cam.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
billy the one cam has a number from comp, when i called them they said it was an older cam and they didnt have any info on it. its around 7 years old and doesnt look like it has been ran. the second one doesnt have a single mark on either end, and nothing has been ground off. it may be stock i dont know.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There's numbers on the end of the cam.
billy i do apologise, i went out myself and looked and found this on one end. hr 250/372 2s 12 144-14-08 cr.. nowhere does it say comp cam. the second one has K017 thats it.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
billy i do apologise, i went out myself and looked and found this on one end. hr 250/372 2s 12 144-14-08 cr.. nowhere does it say comp cam. the second one has K017 thats it.
The HR 250/372 appears to be a Crane but it's only listed for old skool sbc. Doesn't it have gear teeth on the rear to drive a distributor?

The k017 I have no idea.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The HR 250/372 appears to be a Crane but it's only listed for old skool sbc. Doesn't it have gear teeth on the rear to drive a distributor?

The k017 I have no idea.
no teeth on it. its a 50mm camshaft with a hole bored all they way thru it. with the cam position sensor pickup at the back. i am going to send it to [email protected] for a cam doctor diagnois.. waiting to hear back from crane to see if they know what it is. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts