Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
REAR---
i have a 69 camaro WITH 9"
calvert split mono leafs
caltrack bars in top hole,was in bottom but was worse
rear sliders
single adj qa1 shock
anti roll bar

nothing is binding, rear shocks are currently on setting 1 and have been up to 4 with no luck

FRONT----
front is trz arms with stock type drag coil spring and qa1 single adj

front shock is currently on setting 0 for most weight transfer

front limiters are removed
i have 5 inches of front end travel

MT rear slicks are 29.5x10.5 and are not old
power glide 1.80
370 gears
5400 stall leave at 5000 on the brake

ok so heres the problem..
car hits tire hard starts to plant and pulls the wheels then falls outa the air and spins tires.
its a nitrous car making 1100-1200 hp i have tried leaving at all diff rpms and ramping in nos at all diff percents..car leaves then starts spinning the tire untill i shift it into high gear. i need to know why when it dead hooks for a slit second and starts to carry the front end does it unload and blow the tires off it. i spray it with a small percent right off the trans brake with no delay usually about 40 hp then ranp it in to 180 hp in 1.5 seconds but i have tryed less and more and nothing helps it.

getting fustrated ,about to go to a ladder bar:confused:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Over in the stock suspension section is a sticky on cal tracs.Helps with different issues.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read and set it up accordingly hooks and unloads as can see in pic, feels like someone pulls the carpet out from under me

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
I have had the same problem but with smaller tires.

It is all about power management. You are hooking and on the back tires, then the power really starts to come on, smokes the tires and the front drops as soon as it happens.

Davis traction control, progressive nitrous control, timing ramp control.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,618 Posts
Take the ramp out and delay the nitrous .1. ;)

I would put the limiters back in before you try that if you have the front shocks on zero.... LoL

Also have you scaled the car? whats the f/r % <-- also if you would like to talk via pm, send it. Ill help the best I can from previous experience.

1.27 60ft with a sbc on two gun in a SS (leaf spring) camaro, 3400 lbs.

Shannon

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
On a small tire with a lot of power you are pissing in the wind with the front shocks set dead loose. Throws the front end up so fast it unloads the rear tire. Slow the front end down and the car will come around. You also can't just crush the rear tire into the track.....4 is hardly even a noticeable difference on adjustment on a QA1 single. Even a slick will basketball, when you hit it that damn hard.

Oh and a set of ladder bars won't make your car any faster if you don't have the patience to work with them either.

·
Aviation Section
25,487 Posts
Exactly, the front is where all the action is, deal with the front and the back will come around on it's own. Dave

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
Take the ramp out and delay the nitrous .1. ;)

I would put the limiters back in before you try that if you have the front shocks on zero.... LoL

Also have you scaled the car? whats the f/r % <-- also if you would like to talk via pm, send it. Ill help the best I can from previous experience.

1.27 60ft with a sbc on two gun in a SS (leaf spring) camaro, 3400 lbs.

Shannon
The .1 delay didn't work worth a chit on the street tires.

But on slicks it will go 1.29 on the back tires, with a 1.5 second timing ramp. 3300#

·
Registered
749 Posts
On a small tire with a lot of power you are pissing in the wind with the front shocks set dead loose. Throws the front end up so fast it unloads the rear tire. Slow the front end down and the car will come around. You also can't just crush the rear tire into the track.....4 is hardly even a noticeable difference on adjustment on a QA1 single. Even a slick will basketball, when you hit it that damn hard.

Oh and a set of ladder bars won't make your car any faster if you don't have the patience to work with them either.
i agree 100%

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i set the front on zero as calvert told me for maximum weight transfer. what setting should i go up to to start?

rear is on setting 2 now should i leave that alone?

i have 1/2 turn of preload in top hole

run 10-10.5 lbs of air ,tried 11 and smoked the tires on the line

car hooks and unloads spins and chatters the tires a few hundred feet

nos is 200 pill single stage edelbrock controller
start percent is 50% 100 hp at 0.000 time delay
then it ramps another 100 hp in (1.5 second time ramp)

60 ft is between 1.35- 1.41 but i need 1.2s

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Pinion angle?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
And are the rear shocks the 12way adjustable ones?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hal QA1 single adj 12 way

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so everyone agrees its the front shock extension speed that is making the rear unload? it does seem to really distort the rear tire on the leave. it goes straight and leave very even just dont stay hooked

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,167 Posts
so everyone agrees its the front shock extension speed that is making the rear unload? it does seem to really distort the rear tire on the leave. it goes straight and leave very even just dont stay hooked
IT'S UNLOADING THE REAR...WHILE THE FRONT IS STILL IN THE AIR?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i had the front shocks at 4 to start and it was not lifting so high but it was still unloading the tire a few feet out. and any more then 100 hp on the leave it smokes the tire when i realease the trans brake

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Too quick on the front end. Go 2-4 clicks from where you are now. Put the limiters back on too. Might also stiffen the rear shocks two clicks. I would like to see a double adjustable on the rear but work with what you've got now.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IT'S UNLOADING THE REAR...WHILE THE FRONT IS STILL IN THE AIR?
yes it leaves wheels up then starts to spin and falls down and begins to raddel the tires till i shift it into high gear. runs 870-880 159 mph spinning the better part of 300 ft

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I would verify that you have plenty of rear shock travel. While my car doesn't have near the power yours does, mine would hook initially, and spin the tires with the front wheels in the air. Found after a suggestion from Jeff C, that the shocks were topping out and unloading the car with the wheels in the air.

Also before you invest in ladder bars, I would invest in a gopro camera, You learn a ton with a video like this.

http://flic.kr/p/cfQ2gJ

Something to verify, Good luck.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts