Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand they are the same forging. Is the 500 extra worth it for a street strip car? Motor is a blown 540bbc in a 68 nova.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
In my opinion, not worth the extra $. I had an old Callies crank which I cracked. Bought the Dragonslayer, and it was not as nicely finished as my old crank. That is when I learned the new Magnum is the same version as my old crank. I think it had Stealth on it. Anyway, I see no reason for the Magnum unless you plan on making serious power and really turning that engine.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Not worth it. Same forging, just more machine work on the Magnum, so it's lighter and has less windage. No significant advantage on a street car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Since you already have a big block snout on the crank the dragon slayer would be plenty. The only reason i went with a Magnum in my small block is because the dragon slayer didnt offer a BBC snout option and there was no way i was going to run a sbc snout with an F2 side slinger.
Matt

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
you cant go wrong with there crank and rods. I have a SBF DRAGONSLAYER and my crank and rods came in very nice and needed very little machine work and there holding up pretty good right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts