Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a tall deck 598 has a nice set of headhunters from Frankenstein racing and sv632 it's a best bang for my buck build I def wanna get it over 1100 hp and will see mild nitrous use , I've seen alot of people claiming to run compstar crank and rods over 1100 hp anyone have any input

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I'm building a tall deck 598 has a nice set of headhunters from Frankenstein racing and sv632 it's a best bang for my buck build I def wanna get it over 1100 hp and will see mild nitrous use , I've seen alot of people claiming to run compstar crank and rods over 1100 hp anyone have any input
If the I beams are still available I would go with those, But have not had any issues with the H beams.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ive seen compstar rods take 1100rwhp in a turbo application for over 2 years before they finally let go. And this was in a street car that got beat on every weekend.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ive seen compstar rods take 1100rwhp in a turbo application for over 2 years before they finally let go. And this was in a street car that got beat on every weekend.
What actually broke, rod or bolt ?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
My machinist builds a lot of big blocks for dirt modifieds in the northeast and used mostly carillo rods and recently likes the callies ultra rods.Tried compstar on a lower budget build and had one break on the dyno.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Running Compstar crank and H beams on 588 tall deck big M .... L19 bolts shifting @ 7500. The setup is new this season but have run over 100 gal of fuel through it (st/stp) ....

The assembly balanced very well at beginning of build, took no heavy metal. So far, so good ... ;)

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm appreciating the input I spent so much on the top end I hate to buy a overkill crank and rods
I don't believe there is such a thing as "overkill" on crank and rods. I look at it as future insurance, especially on a nitrous motor when enough just isn't enough anymore.

I guess a billet crank in a Prius might be a little much, but at least you could put 5 kits on it.

Cole

·
Registered
284 Posts
No way would I use the compstar line for any thing over 800hp. Call Callie's see what they recommend! Magnum and ultra rods?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts