Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been fighting this problem all year. Car launches pulls wheels and then falls on it's face for a small period then picks up and runs fine. Today I started digging into the MSD gird after my data recorder shows NOTHING wrong.

So there is a break in the Ignition IN and Ignition Out channels? Is this normal?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Your loosing the input signal from the crank trigger or distributor. I would start by replacing the connections. If the problem persists, replace the pick up in the distributor or crank trigger.

No this is not normal. The grid just told you, I dont see an input, so I don't know what to do next...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS!
I have a crank trigger and assumed I would replace the pickup but I didn't think about the connectors. The MSD Grid box has a different connector than standard on the BOX side and the standard connector on the pickup side. Is this a cable I can order? Maybe I can just order new ends? I don't see it anywhere...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could this be one of the two Grid boxes doing this? Races are getting short and I would really like to find the problem before winter! Trying to see if I can borrow a box for one race...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I actually adjusted it to see if it made a change and it did not. Ohms are OK on the sensor as well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes, I actually adjusted it to see if it made a change and it did not. Ohms are OK on the sensor as well.
I'm telling ya, try replacing the connectors between the crank trigger pick up and the MSD harness. PN 8824. Also make sure the pick up hasn't rubbed on the wheel. If it did, pitch it in the trash and replace it with a new one.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm telling ya, try replacing the connectors between the crank trigger pick up and the MSD harness. PN 8824. Also make sure the pick up hasn't rubbed on the wheel. If it did, pitch it in the trash and replace it with a new one.
10-4... I picked up new connectors yesterday. I probably run a whole new wire as well the old one was a bit short anyways.

BTW I got a new pick up to put on.

PLEASE LET THIS WORK! and hope for no rain / cold Saturday!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone got any ideas? I thought the problem went away. New cable and new crank trigger sensor and problem came back in less than 10 runs.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Put up log with engine rpm also. If it shows no input then it is not either box more than likely. What SW version on 7730?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The grid firmware is the latest as I checked it before the first race and it said it was up to date.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts