Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning atrip to Famosa raceway in Oct for the Hot Rod Reunion. Need information on the best places to stay close to the track. Flying out of Tampa.
Thanks in advance !!!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Stay anywhere close to Buck Owens blvd and you will be happy. Dont stay on the south side of town as it is a long drive to the track. The track is about 10 minutes north of town.
The hotels over by Olive are in a rough part of town, but I have stayed there also.
I did have someone break into the car so i stay away from there now.
Go to hotels dot com and you can look around at all the hotels.

Stop by the Currie rearends booth in the midway area and say hi, I will be racing and working the booth. Also, shooting film for Speed Scene live TV.

Stay late at the track if you can, lots of pits parties and live bands even.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.Is this Scott,watched your show several times. I work at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Florida. Is the sheraton and best western on the north side of town. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
There's a newer La Quinta and a Hampton Inn on Hwy 65 at Merle Haggard Dr. About 10 minutes from the track and a little out of Bakersfield proper. We stay there all the time as to a lot of the Famoso regulars

·
Registered
15,484 Posts
There's a newer La Quinta and a Hampton Inn on Hwy 65 at Merle Haggard Dr. About 10 minutes from the track and a little out of Bakersfield proper. We stay there all the time as to a lot of the Famoso regulars
Yup

·
Registered
577 Posts
Did a google search, is this the one? thanks
La Quinta Inn Bakersfield

3232 Riverside Dr.
Bakersfield, CA 93308

·
Registered
15,484 Posts
Did a google search, is this the one? thanks

3232 Riverside Dr.
Bakersfield, CA 93308
I believe this ones closer

La Quinta Inn

8858 Spectrum Park Way, Bakersfield, CA 93308

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
ima be there. Prolly staying at the track but if not then prolly a hotel.

·
Registered
15,484 Posts
This ones right behind the other one and there is a Dennys rt out front

Hampton Inn & Suites
8818 Spectrum Park Way
Bakersfield,CA. 93308
Tel-661-391-0600

·
Registered
15,484 Posts
Heard something about the smell and big horse flies!!!!!!! at the track, It will be my 1st time attending, Whats that all about.??
LOL.. It ain't that bad!! You'll be having such a good time you won't even notice....much ;) It's a great show enjoy

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The flies are bad early in the year IIRC. Bug repellent works good. :)

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
LOL.. It ain't that bad!! You'll be having such a good time you won't even notice....much ;) It's a great show enjoy

Correct, the only people that complain never worked/lived in an agricultural area before, city folks snivllin thats all.

BUT DONT LEAVE YOUR TRAILER DOOR OPEN FOR THE DAY!!!!! lol

We camped on the spectator side and left the door open for a few hours and OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Thought we'd never get them out but dropped the back door, got out a couple fans and a couple cans of off and convinced them to leave, LOL.

CHRR and the March Meet should be on every nostalgia fans do not miss list, GREAT EVENTS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts