Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got comcast cable now but with so many problems since getting a new HD TV, I'm thinking of switching to Direct Tv.

Anyone have Direct tv, What are the good and bad points?

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Directv! I've had nothing but good luck with Directv. There are rumors that Tivo will be back to Directv in the near future. If you want to get in on the referral program let me know and I'll PM you my Account # and we both get $100. Just a thought. LoL

Shannon

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
We are about to switch to Directv.........Have dish right now, and they keep upping the price, and charging for shit they use to not charge for.

·
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
4,370 Posts
had direct tv, sucked ass... satilite internet sucked, satilite going out every time a cloud comes over sucked. now we have cable and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have Direct tv & for the most part pretty happy with it... Also nice because I have a remote dish in the camper... also get a discount because I have bellsouth land line & cell phone

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
had direct tv, sucked ass... satellite Internet sucked, satellite going out every time a cloud comes over sucked. now we have cable and couldn't be happier.
Satellite Internet sucks Period! Now if your TV was going out cause of clouds that has to do with the installation or equipment problem. I have had Directv for over 10 years and mine only go's out when there is strong storms coming through (that is whit the new 5 LMB dish with over 95% signal strength). :)

Shannon

·
pist'n Broke
20,935 Posts
used to work for dick tv i think it sucks ass. i was told it would get a signal with up to 2 inches an hr.
ha no way i was lucky if it got a signal at 1/2 inch per hr.i have time warner its great,plus your dish will point s/w @ about 42*.

im not knocking it lots of people love it.

good luck with your decision.

mark

·
pist'n Broke
20,935 Posts
check with your friends and neibhors i had a different cable provider last year.thought my tv was going bad,it was just shitty cable. it still works great

mark

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
I have Direct TV and like any sattelite its only as good as the aim on the dish, since aiming mine myself it works fine in rain etc. most installers are happy as long as they got 60% plus I got 95% plus.

Now on to problem # 2,

Direct TV is a bait and switch pricer (not an intro package they just increase the bill whenever they see fit) they will start your base service with HD at say 45 total thats 39 for the service and 5 for the hd and a bunch of discounts, during the first year they will slowly start raising base fees and adding discounts so the price is the same then during year two they will start taking away the discount and freebies.

I am in midway through the 3rd year and I am paying 68 now where I used to pay 45. My package is hd and nothing else (one room, one tv, no recorder) Ohh yeah and of course 3 years ago I was watching live TV now all the shit is reruns of the same shows from 3 years ago, except for the bullshit docudramas like towing, repo and all that horseshit.

Another thing they don't tell you is that you lease the HD converter box for 5 a month but when it fails at 18 months you have to pay them 200 bucks for it to be replaced and that atomatically renews your contract for another 2 years :confused: either that or you can go without TV for 4 months and continue to pay the bill.

At the end of this billing cycle I am going to switch to anything else, even if it costs just as much because I am tired of the asshole switching price ( PS they still say they are giving me $20 in discounts so I know more fucking is coming my way soon).

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
Here is a great thing to do to repay Direct TV back, get 5 guys together and have one of them get direct TV with every channel and 5 boxes for his house. 160 a month. 140 for all the premium s and 20 for the 4 extra box's

Now the other 4 guys just get the minimum service, 40 bucks each.

Now take the first guys 3 boxes and move them into the other 4 guys houses so they all get the premium channels the first guy paid for......

Now all 5 guys split the bill and its 80 each instead of 140 each :p

NOW WHO IS GETTING FUCKED DIRECT TV :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077

·
Regulator
35,442 Posts
Now take the first guys 3 boxes and move them into the other 4 guys houses so they all get the premium channels the first guy paid for......

how

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
lol, who in their f---ing mind would want direct tv over cable...geeeeesssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Cable= 20 something HD channels (In my area)

Directv = Over a 100 HD channels (Plus I only pay $50 a month for my bill with every channel they offer minus playboy and has been that way for 2 years) you just have to be creative.

LoL :)

Here is a great thing to do to repay Direct TV back, get 5 guys together and have one of them get direct TV with every channel and 5 boxes for his house. 160 a month. 140 for all the premium s and 20 for the 4 extra box's

Now the other 4 guys just get the minimum service, 40 bucks each.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! <--- thats what I was talking about "Being Creative"

Shannon

·
Registered
656 Posts
Direct tv is probably a little cheaper since like with cable there is a lot of maintenance to cover I.E poles, wires etc... With direct tv really there isn't much to worry about except your own stuff and a satellite in the sky....... Like with big storms it does go out so that does suck....... A lot of people love u verse from at-t though....

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
My Direct TV contract just ended and I am calling Charter tomorrow to get them back. Screw Direct TV~
I like Charters Internet but they Like to Leave your bill the same price when you could have more bandwidth without telling you that the rates have went down. You have to call them every few months to make sure your not getting a screwing. Just thought you might want to know if they get you on a package deal.

When Cable Internet was first offered in my area they stuck it in me for about a year before I found out (By word of mouth) they offered more band width of the same price I was pay'n for less. When I call them and asked why I was not notified they told me that they was not required by law to tell the consumer when you can get more bandwidth for the same thing you are pay'n but they are required to tell you if the price on the Bandwidth you have now will cost more. <---- that came straight from Charter!

Shannon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts