Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some Pros and Cons on a cable drive fuel pump setup. Actually looking for some pointers. Are there any down falls? 60' limitation? It should be better than having a rear mounted fuel cell and the belt drive pump up front on the engine, correct?

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I checked into a cable drive system from Waterman. I want to say it was around $1K in price, which seemed over the top for me.

I was also concerned about cable flex, since we're running mechanical injection, and just didn't want to take the chance.

I'd run 1.27-1.33 60' with a 12 gallon rear cell that had the outlet of the cell the same height as the inlet of the front mounted pump, without issue.

With the new motor, and expecting to 60' in the 1.teens, things were changed. I picked up an Enderle dual pump drive from Ebay, and used my old Enderle 110 (13.2 GPM) as a transfer pump, from the 12 gallon rear cell to a 1 gallon front cell. A Enderle 1100 (17.3 GPM) pump then feeds the motor.

Here's what the plumbing looks like:

·
Registered
477 Posts
what keeps your enderlie 110 from overfilling your 1 gallon cell? I am feeding a front mounted 1 gal cell with an electric fuel pump and I have a holley float bowl mounted on the side of my 1 gallon cell. That looks like a real nice set up.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
what keeps your enderlie 110 from overfilling your 1 gallon cell? I am feeding a front mounted 1 gal cell with an electric fuel pump and I have a holley float bowl mounted on the side of my 1 gallon cell. That looks like a real nice set up.
It wasn't plumbed in that photo, but if you look at the top left rear of the 1 gal cell, there's an unplumbed fitting.

That's a -8 return going back to the main rear cell. Anything above and beyond what is needed is simply returned to the rear.

With our last tune up, we were putting 10.8 GPM into the motor at 30 PSI. Plugs looked really good. Since the 110 pump was putting out 13.2 GPM, there's definitely some fuel being returned.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have a brand new cable and pump set up from waterman forsale. It is a 15 gallon per minute. Shannon Renfro 859 582 7293

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Looking for some Pros and Cons on a cable drive fuel pump setup. Actually looking for some pointers. Are there any down falls? 60' limitation? It should be better than having a rear mounted fuel cell and the belt drive pump up front on the engine, correct?
Grant Mccreary run a cable driven fuel pump on his 10.5 car,think he has been a 4.36 with it with no problems,currently going to the same set up on my car-it's not cheap but i dont have to rebuild the entire fuel system after changing from a elec pump

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I checked into a cable drive system from Waterman. I want to say it was around $1K in price, which seemed over the top for me.

I was also concerned about cable flex, since we're running mechanical injection, and just didn't want to take the chance.

I'd run 1.27-1.33 60' with a 12 gallon rear cell that had the outlet of the cell the same height as the inlet of the front mounted pump, without issue.

With the new motor, and expecting to 60' in the 1.teens, things were changed. I picked up an Enderle dual pump drive from Ebay, and used my old Enderle 110 (13.2 GPM) as a transfer pump, from the 12 gallon rear cell to a 1 gallon front cell. A Enderle 1100 (17.3 GPM) pump then feeds the motor.

Here's what the plumbing looks like:

Not to chang the subject but that truck is so BADASS!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts