Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed at any speed 60+ in my ls swapped Geo Tracker that the convertible top over my head is pushed out like a balloon. If I crack the driver's window open an inch, it stops and the top is now being pushed/sucked in(much better I would think). I'm a little concerned about possibly losing the top at the top end of the drag strip. On the street I can just leave the window cracked, but obviously can't do that at the track. I'm pretty sure Suzuki didn't have high speeds in mind when designing this rig.

The vehicle is stock exterior with a top that is in great shape. I thought it could have been that I removed the the a/c and heater box, but hadn't blocked the cowl inlet. I blocked it off and it made no difference. It is relatively quiet inside and I don't think air is getting forced in at speeds.

Maybe it's just the aerodynamics on this crap box and it creates a low pressure area over the roof. I've never ran a soft top before and don't know if I should be worried or not. Any other soft top guys out there have some words of wisdom?

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,419 Posts
Put a hole somewhere in the rear panel of the vehicle. Modern vehicles have these holes already with a rubber flapper to keep debris out.

Does the truck still have the heater/defroster? The fresh air door maybe open or sealed very poorly, or you have another large hole somewhere in the front of the truck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts