Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A close friend of mine took delivery of his white C7 yesterday, and today I was given the pleasure of driving it around for an hour. Well, it's still a Vette - but man, have they ever improved this thing. It's Mercedes solid, chock full of electronic wizardry and the new 6.2 snarls through the RPMs like it should. One problem - the automatic allows it to bang the rev limiter at every shift - and it's quite abrupt - instead of shifting 100-200rpm prior. Annoying as hell. Hopefully for him they'll be able to reprogram the shift points somehow.

It's not much quicker than a '13, but I didn't want to dog this guy's brand new car and I imagine the engine, at 90 miles, is still pretty green. And yeah, the square-light butt looks a lot better in the flesh. It would take me longer to get used to the quarter windows than the tail.

Anyway, it's been fun, I thank him for allowing me to drive it and watching all the stares and rubber necking is pretty cool, too. I can't say I'm ready to rush out and order one, but GM did themselves good with this piece. :)

·
Registered
38,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would it hit the limiter on every shift?
Nah, no driving gloves needed, any idiot like me can handle it. Don't know why it hit the limiter. Somebody told the owner it's designed to cut off a bit earlier until it's broken in, maybe 500 miles, no confirmation on that. Redline is 6500; it would hit the limiter at 6100-6200, just as it was about to shift, and damn near shut off. I didn't try it but you might be able to shift it a couple hundred early with the paddles.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
we got our first in one today, ima long time GM/Chevy mechanic, and i never really liked vettes, cept maybe a 65-67, but this C7 is cool as shit and really looks feels like a supercar ..for the money..man, i been thinkn of buyin one!!

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
White is the color on that car!

·
Vagina Miner
1,767 Posts
I didn't know people were taking delivery of them already. Im curious to see how long it takes before i spot one on the road here.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Saw this a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
38,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
White is the color on that car!
This one is white, with black wheels. Actually, they (and the rest of the exterior black trim) are more of a graphite metallic....and the white paint really makes the trim pop. Interior, lipstick red, which I didn't think I'd like but it looks damn good.

It still rides a bit stiff on bumpy roads, even on the softest of the 5 track settings. To be expected; it ain't an Impala.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My buddy got his Friday, in the last 3 yrs he has owned a ZR-1 and 3 grand sports. He said this car is just amazing and was so worth the wait!. He owns a Corvette Rental Co here in MA. I do transporting work for him here and there. I f'n love driving them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts