Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 3310# Mustang with a SBF(388 ci), 3:30 gears, 4500 converter and 350 worth of nitrous. Keep breaking out put shafts and fixing to go to a glide. Has anybody done this swap? Kinda concerned about going slower because: 1) higher 1st gear and 2) 2 gears instead of three. Just need some input. A gentleman that has been drag racing for a million years will help me dial it in, right now I'm just trying to get in the ballpark.

·
Registered
66 Posts
67 mustang sbf 331ci, 2575#, 430 gear, powerglide 180 (I think), 100 shot of nitrous, 4000 converter. I have 1.50 60fts, 6.75 1/8 mile.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Do it and don't look back! Been a Ford guy FOREVER but for racing the glide in my opinion is pretty hard to beat little pricey for the swap but worth it in the long run;) Just get the right converter and you will be happy!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I've got a 3310# Mustang with a SBF(388 ci), 3:30 gears, 4500 converter and 350 worth of nitrous. Keep breaking out put shafts and fixing to go to a glide. Has anybody done this swap? Kinda concerned about going slower because: 1) higher 1st gear and 2) 2 gears instead of three. Just need some input. A gentleman that has been drag racing for a million years will help me dial it in, right now I'm just trying to get in the ballpark.
Good Move - Had a c-4 and the front end would kiss the sky. Went to the pg and the car handled like a dream. 2700 lb. with driver - 607 hp - 430 gears 86 Mustang.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Buddy of mine kept braking different tran's , much as I bleed Blue I said go with a PG. He found a good used built unit for $650 and it was cheaper to do the glide than a top shelf C-4. He spent about a Grand on a converter ,but it works well.
His combo is a fox body app 2850, 373 SBF , Weiand blower, app 570 hp car ran pretty much the same numbers with the PG as the C-4. I thought it would be boring to drive ,but it wasn't. He has gone a little quicker now, but that is mostly from tuning. His suspension still needs some tuning, but now we don't worry about when will the tran's fail.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I switched to a powerglide about 8 years ago and have not had a transmission since.

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts