Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of going from c4 to a glide. truck runs 6.70s weight is 2900 pulls 1.42 60s what will be the effects need input pro vs cons thanks

·
from across the pond...
6,930 Posts
you'll be glad that you don't have to keep fixing the C4 anymore,as long as you get the right glide to begin with.:smt023

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
One would think that the three speed would be an advantage in a 2900lb car w/o a huge motor. But it doesn't always seem to work out that way. I could only speculate as to why but with the right converter, they often are quicker in spite of the poor starting line ratio. But the advantage of the PG is that it is so ubiquitous. The knowledge and the parts to build one appropriate to almost any combo are pretty wide spread. If your C4 is working fine, leave it alone. But if you are having durability problems, the PG can be pretty easily specced out to be nearly bullet proof.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need a new converter, and I go through about 2 c4s a year. I am having some trouble with the truck in the 60 ft unloading suspension, hopeing to settle that down from track to track .

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
At that speed and weight, no reason you can't have a reliable C4. If you need to settle it down off the line, it might be a good idea. But, it will still be borrrrring to drive. Do you run that truck regularly at the Civil Wars by any chance?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes I run a civil wars . I like the c4 but when the truck leaves it pulls the tire about 4 inches set back down a spins. lost a race 3weeks ago because of this. Tried everything need to settle it down to run the number. tried nos on top end to make up for spinning blew right through converter.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Who's C4 are you running? What VB? How many clutches? What are you breaking? They should hold up better than that. Also it sounds like a suspension problem and addressing that would make the truck faster than trying to kill torque with a 2 speed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pa super comp their vb. I agree on suspension problem, done all i can do without going to 4 link etc. It is stock suspension with cal tracs their shocks on rear qa1 up front . I really would like to keep th c4 love the way it leaves .I have run out of ideas and tried everything even adding weight just slows down

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Go glide and never look back.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Have you tried posting or searching in the stock suspension area? I am just getting my car together with Caltracs and have been reading there. It is hard to tell from your avatar even blown up, but it seems like you don't have much travel in the front end?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have 6 inches of travel calvert racing said i needed at least 5 inches .Yes I posted in stock suspension did not get a reply from anyone.

2,155 Posts
I am thinking of going from c4 to a glide. truck runs 6.70s weight is 2900 pulls 1.42 60s what will be the effects need input pro vs cons thanks
If you are running 6.70 with a 1.42 short time then I bet you will run 6.50's with a glide. Do it and never look back. you will love it and your 60' will drop too. maybe in to the low 1.3

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I bet it will slow down with a glide,especially with the same gears in the rear.60ft. will be slower.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I am aware that I will have go from 3.70 to around 4.30 and not sure if it will make the 1/4 mile with a 28 tire

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Shock are the problem. If the rear is unloading it is most likley a shock problem.

Changing the trans is not fixing the problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have calvert adjustable shocks on rear and qa1 adjustable on front.Tried all settings dont know could be that double adjustable shocks could fix the problem but they are expensive and if and dont want to just waste money

1 - 20 of 23 Posts